Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked for but can't find anything about it.

Anyone ever come up with a way to improve the turning radius of the truck? I've driven many Class A motorhomes that can outturn this Silverado...

·
Registered
116 Posts
The only way I know of is to take off the steering stabilizer. This will improve your turning radius a little.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way I know of is to take off the steering stabilizer. This will improve your turning radius a little.
I think I would rather keep that on. Makes sense though. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
the class A chassis is most likely a 2wd setup right?

most 2wd chassis like that can turn their front tires some 50-60* vers the 40-50* we can can on the 2500/3500 chassis. so even that their wb is some 20" longer they can make up for it with the tires being able to turn farther tot he left or right.

my buddy has a quadcab LB dodge 2500 is wb is ~6" shorter than mine but i can turn a smaller radius than he can... due to he has a straight axle and that limits how far he can turn his tires before it bind the u-joints

haveing a I beam fornt axle some setups can push 75-80* on the front tires

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was surprised at how bad the turning radius is on my 2500 too. I had an 06 4500 4x4 that would out turn a car no problem. Its amazing how good it turned. Why can't they do that with the 3/4 and 1 tons. The 4500/5500 brochure claims that it has a tighter radius than either a Honda Accord or Civic I don't recall which one but, I do knowthe one I had turned very tight.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the class A chassis is most likely a 2wd setup right?

most 2wd chassis like that can turn their front tires some 50-60* vers the 40-50* we can can on the 2500/3500 chassis. so even that their wb is some 20" longer they can make up for it with the tires being able to turn farther tot he left or right.
Very true, the Class A is a RWD, with a tire turn of 54-58 deg. But the WB is the same length as a normal bus. But I could put them in most places fairly easily (realizing that you don't normally park Class As in a conventional manner).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was surprised at how bad the turning radius is on my 2500 too. I had an 06 4500 4x4 that would out turn a car no problem. Its amazing how good it turned. Why can't they do that with the 3/4 and 1 tons. The 4500/5500 brochure claims that it has a tighter radius than either a Honda Accord or Civic I don't recall which one but, I do knowthe one I had turned very tight.
Didn't know about that. But I can say that my 96 Audi A6 with Quattro has a turning radius of about 34 ft and it is full time all wheel drive. So I find it hard to believe that having a set of halfshafts causes turning restrictions, etc. And comparatively, my Tahoe is a sports car with turning. If they feel that it would be too severe an angle, time to bring back the Quadrasteer option...

·
Registered
282 Posts
My new f450 work truck turns better than any vehicle I have driven. It out turns my reg cab lb 250 easily. It is extra cab with a 10.5' combo body. It would be the perfect work truck if it had an LBZ instead of the gutless powerstroke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts