Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, picked up a 1992 3500 4x4 truck, and this van(1992, 6.5l/4l80e/full floater diff) last fall in a package deal, for $900.00, drove the van home in a warm spell in the middle of febuary, had a 3/4 rotted off oil cooler line, and it cost us about 12 liters of engine oil to get it here, but it made it...LOL....

it had issues with the PO, it just stalled one day and they could not get it going, so when we went to get it, we took our portable fuel tank/electric pump combo and totally deleted the factory tank for now just to get it here, runs nice, shifts good, and has tons of new parts.... here are some pics...

it is going to be fixed up and made reliable, and one of our friends is starting up a rolling automotive store with it, selling oils and stuff to garages and small mechanics...

got the engine cooler lines deleted and just ran a new looper between the ports... also, it is still the original 599 block in it....:thumb:

Attachments

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
has a brand new exhaust from front to back, and a ranger locking ladder rack that will be taken off, and modified to go onto our volks eurovan...:thumb:

also a pic of our temporary truck buying fuel cell... impresses people when we show up, and work for an hour, change/verify glow-plug, add a quick manual glow system, our fuel cell, and leave with trucks they have been dumping money on for months trying to get them to run....:hehe::whistle:....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Yup .... people just hate when you get something running they gave up on cause the mechanic they took it to can't figure it out.

I got a Duster once because I saw a hood up in a yard and the guy obviously yelling and screaming at it. I stopped to help him and he said, give me $300 and it's yours ..... it was the ballast resistor ... $5 and it was running ....

:coffee:

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I think the Turbonators just summarized why I love these motors. The idea that you could take a gas can, strap a pump, a solenoid and glow plug wires to it and bypass all of the most likely problems.

Good thinking on the bat kit.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
updates, still gathering parts to put this van on the road and be reliable, another couple pieces of the puzzles came in this week, a set of rockauto tank straps to drop the tank to inspect, and a shiny new old stock carter from the guy on ebay, and yes sir they are still the ones made in the USA he is selling....:bounce::thumb:... pics...

EDIT; LOL, just seen on the plastic-bag-sticker it was bagged on the 4 month of 1996.....LOL... new old stock for sure....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I love NOS stuff.

The p4070 I just installed is marked made in USA even though the page I ordered it from online said made in China.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I love NOS stuff.

The p4070 I just installed is marked made in USA even though the page I ordered it from online said made in China.
Rumor has it there is a town in China called USA just so they can do that.

(though I'm 99.9% sure its an old joke and doesn't exist.)

With the amount of counterfeiting they do...a made in USA label would be the easiest.

·
"ol` smokie"
343 Posts
There is, I`m pretty sure, a city in china, Usa. And I think one in japan.
The way I always look, is U.S.A. or America or look for, Made in "the" U.S.A.
But I will say, the chinese and japanese are artists at reverse engineering. Not much on development, but they`ll take others designs and fool your pants off

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Turb,

Put a center mount turbo in there!

Then take it off and sell all the parts to me at cost. I wants. :HiHi:

By the way- any idea what front suspension components the van shares with trucks? I want to lift mine a couple " but nobody makes specifically for the van. :bawl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts