Diesel Place banner

Turbocharger mounting

997 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  56pan 
#1 ·
Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I am mounting a HX40II and I have a brief question. When mounting the turbo, should I use anti- sieze or locktite on the Turbo bolts, and would this be the same for the bolts that attach the down pipe to the turbo charger. My info says that the turbo bolts be torqued 33-44 foot pounds, what about the bolts holding the down pipe to te turbo? Should I use some Right Stuff or any type of sealant between the down pipe tube and the turbo?

Thanks for your help :)

#2 ·
Anti-seize is your friend..
The Torque spec can be found in the 6.5L FAQ: Permatex right stuff
The vband clamp that holds the down pipe just needs to be snug tight. It conforms around the downpipe and turbo

Reactions: ArchaicAeronaut
#3 ·
Anti-seize is your friend..
The Torque spec can be found in the 6.5L FAQ: Permatex right stuff
The vband clamp that holds the down pipe just needs to be snug tight. It conforms around the downpipe and turbo
Thanks for the rescue OK! Thanks for confirming my friend and thank you for the link. I just never caught that in the
faqs before. On the HX40II they have a plate (HX40W Downpipe) that has 5 bolts that bolt it to the turbo waste gate (exit) and I didn't recieve any info on torque specs for them. I'm sure I'll probably want antisieze on them too, but I have read some links where people have reported these bolts coming lose. As I said in the post, just want to do this one time if I can help it. Thanks again.(y)

#9 ·

Sorry about the long link. I guarantee this is the best high temp. anti-sieze out there. Used on the hot turbine sections of fanjet engines. You will_never_have another nut/bolt sieze due to high temp. if you use this stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.