Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have an ATS Aurora 2000 or 5000 in you trucks? How well did the install go and was there a big difference in performance?

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
Are the kits even available for the Kodiaks? If so how about the LLY? A turbo kit would be too sweet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent an email to ATS Diesel Performance and they are getting back to me. I'll post there reply when I receive it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ats 2000 works well on kodiak .We had one on an lly of a customers.Good mileage and egts .Oh and power.NLDP

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
You may also consider the water-cooled GT40's for a medium duty application. The rest are not water-cooled.

Performance gains will be dependent on tuning.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who makes the GT-40 and how does it compare to the aurora 2000?

·
Registered
526 Posts
If he means a standard GT40 they are made by Garrett. We use them on the high-output cars. Whats actually better than a GT though is a F2 innovative. The Innovatives are rebuildable.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
DSL Power;1587679; said:
Who makes the GT-40 and how does it compare to the aurora 2000?
PPE makes the GT40 kits, www.pacificp.com.

Not sure how it compares to the A2000. There is not alot of public reviews of the A2000.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thats a standard T4 flange. I would get that kit and then use something like a Innovative F2 72 turo. As I said they are rebuildable and they will spool faster than the garrett units which is nice on a diesel.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Besides spool up time and lower egt's what are the advantages of a new turbo. How much more power do they make with a stock tune? For a smaller turbo about the size of stock. Never upgraded a turbo before.

·
Registered
526 Posts
It depends on if the turbo is in its efficiency range. Be careful with a needlessly large turbo as it will induce lag. Too small and you get run away AIT/EGTs. If some one can post compressor maps of the OEM turbo I can run the numbers.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JOHNBOY has the maps for the lb7 in his garage if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looking at that it seems the turbo is kind of undersized which is rare. You happen to know AITs? If AITs are ok there is room for ~20% more boost with no sweat. If AITs are already elevated you may be able to claim more HP with a good IC swap but I doubt that. Once I figure out how I want to handle the transmission I will find out for myself. Will probably go the F270 route.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
DSL, have you heard anything from ATS yet?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No. They haven't replied yet its kind of pissing me off. You think that they could return an email with a simple question in a reasonable amount of time. I am gonna call them on Monday if they don't get back to me today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Volvospeed I have the map for the lly PM me you email and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 4500HD
412 Posts
Any new info on the ATS turbos??

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I still haven't heard back yet. I sent them a few email's and no response. Its kind of pissing me off. If they don't know or don't want to tell me I wish they would just say so instead of blowing me off. Sorry it just ticks me off to no end!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts