Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 1273 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so just ordered diamond eye 4'' exhuast kit, and K&N intake kit. but was wonderin whats the biggest or best turbo to fit my 6.5? also new to diesels but could a 6.0 ford turbo be modded to fit it?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
some on here have holsets, Others, myself included have ATT's. haven't heard of a ford 6.0 on it. One should keep boost below 15. Or you get the grenade factor.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so was looking at hx40 on the cummings on youtube, sounds good but would it bolt right up to my truck and whistle just as good?

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
ok so was looking at hx40 on the cummings on youtube, sounds good but would it bolt right up to my truck and whistle just as good?

you will be better off with the ATT, the hx-40 is a turbo that should have extensive mods done to the engine.... the A-Team Turbo is a direct bolt on.... you would have to ask some one with the ATT if it whistles as good:rolleyes:...

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Not real familiar with the K&N intake but the S&G is about the best one out there for the 6.5TD.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've got the gm-8 def not the best turbo in my opinion, if you can mod things the hx35 will work on the truck, for a bolt on application the ******* i have heard nothing but good things on, and i plan to get one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well quess im going to order a Ateam one tomorrow then cant wait to see the difference

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
If you can afford it. Get the chip for the ATT. You will really be happy. The problem with the stock tune and the ATT, is you run out of fuel before you run out of air.
Both Heath and Walking J have tunes for the ATT
But you will see an improvement with the stock tune and ATT. Because of more air volume and less exhaust back pressure, intake air temps are cooler with the ATT and the PCM wont defuel like it does with the GMX turbos.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have searched the net and can't find a website. Anyone have any ideas of where to find more information. How does the ATT compare to the HX35 or HY35? I have also seen people use the HE241 but don't know how the HXs compare to the HEs.

Thanks

Rich

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just checked Walking Js website and he no longer has The ******** Or KOJO Tune listed, so I don't know where you can get them from

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Interesting that he's seemingly dropped the product and tunes. Unless it is a temporary glitch, one will probably have to go direct to Slim Shady then.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
A guy I know just installed a Chinese made HX40 knockoff. Preliminary results look pretty impressive although he just got it on. It was cheap, had a T3 flange. I'll see if I can find his video or get him to chime in.

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
:drool:

THATS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is he able to change tunes? I thought our trucks had to have a reflash

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
How is he able to change tunes? I thought our trucks had to have a reflash
:drop_mout Yeah...THAT I want more info on.

...or am I just missing something and that's an OBD1 truck (or some sort of conversion?) using the little chip I read about every now and then...?

·
Super Moderator A Country Boy Can Survive...
14,349 Posts
:drop_mout Yeah...THAT I want more info on.

...or am I just missing something and that's an OBD1 truck (or some sort of conversion?) using the little chip I read about every now and then...?
OBD 1 only currently.

OBD 1 had the chip, which makes a multi stage program possible. It's easier to build a chip, than it is to re-wire a PCM with said chip basically hardwired into the main board.

Or at least that makes sense to me. Not sure if the programming is hugely different or not between OBD 1 and OBD II.

·
Just Horsing Around
17,558 Posts
Yeah, OK...saw the same generation dash as my truck and got all excited, I forget that they used that same style for the tail end of the OBD1 generation.

....makes me realize exactly how old my truck is getting. :HiHi:

·
Super Moderator A Country Boy Can Survive...
14,349 Posts
Yeah, OK...saw the same generation dash as my truck and got all excited, I forget that they used that same style for the tail end of the OBD1 generation.

....makes me realize exactly how old my truck is getting. :HiHi:
how old your truck is getting? My K-5 is older than i am. ):h

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
There was a guy selling a multi tune OBD1 chip on ebay for a while. I really won't post anymore info than that. I have not used one and cannot say one way or another and it's anon forum vendor. Back on point the Turbo is being sold on the big auction site. I have to consult the staff as to whether I can post an item # only for it without the hotlink. Again it is a knockoff so quality is an unknown. This would be a Use at your own risk deal as this is the only Data so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would love it you you could put up that link, and get him to do a right up on the install!

Also is out flange a T3?

1 - 20 of 1273 Posts