Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody has any experience, reviews, concerns, etc with the wicked wheel 2 turbo upgrade. I currently have the stock turbo on my 1995 6.5 was wondering if its worth the $160 investment. Actually I have a 1998 motor in my 1995 and I'm using the turbo from my original 95 engine.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I had my gm turbo rebuilt and added the wheel, minor change but better than stock. Worth it, well it didn't cost what some sellers offer them for, just half to look around is all...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just wondering if anybody has any experience, reviews, concerns, etc with the wicked wheel 2 turbo upgrade. I currently have the stock turbo on my 1995 6.5 was wondering if its worth the $160 investment. Actually I have a 1998 motor in my 1995 and I'm using the turbo from my original 95 engine.
Had my GM4 overhauled when I had it off to replace the driver side injectors so I had a Wicked Wheel installed at that time. I like to think it improved performance, but hard to say as I also added the DE 4 inch exhaust and all new injectors at the same time. It definitely has a better turbine "whine" to it at high rpms than the stock wheel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I meant "passenger side" injectors. Lol

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Does anyone bother to have these rebalanced after install? Kinda uneasy just swapping wheels and calling it good. If you do, where do you send it off to?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does anyone bother to have these rebalanced after install? Kinda uneasy just swapping wheels and calling it good. If you do, where do you send it off to?
Had mine installed during the overhaul and they balanced the new wheel. I reckon any reputable turbo shop could do it.

·
Administrator
16,292 Posts
Information says that balancing after install is not necessary.Wheel is factory balanced
wickedwheel.png

1 - 7 of 7 Posts