Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts and opinions of going directly from the turbo to the intake and bypassing the intercooler. Would this be better for the strip and sled and then run the "normal" setup for everyday? Just a thought I had while putting the new 3" intake and plumbing on.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
No, you want the intercooler all the time because it is cooling the air. When the air passes throught the compressor side of the turbo, the compression generates heat that needs to be removed before the air enter's the engine.

Bentley

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Any little bit the air is cooled is going to help in the horsepower dept. I personally would never consider running without an intercooler. I heard the air coming out of the turbo is upwards of 400 degrees.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
This is a formula to find out how hot the air is but their are factors like heat soak from the exhaust housing that can be 1000 degrees.

Bentley

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I just didnt know how much cooling was possible while running the strip or track.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i have been told that there was no losses on the strip by removing the intercooler.... some guys prefer to do this on limited room chasises... and if nitrous is used the cooling bettedr than the intercooler can do anyways....

i did not try this myself, just going on hearsay of a few others

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.