Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the cold weather were having in the ohio valley area recently when i accelerate hard and let off the pedal the turbo flutters .....just a chiii-chi-chi noise boost seems to be building the way it always did....is this an occurance of cold or is something going bad?

thanks

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Well I'm also in the Ohio Valley and mine goes...chitty chitty bang bang

Sorry couldn't resist. Seriously, mine does not make that noise at all. I have been to colder climes, than here in Evansville, and have never noticed anything like what you described. Are you sure it's from the turbo?

JP

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Is your wastegate functional unaltered by you ?? How much boost when it barks ??

I can bark my turbo accelerating and deaccelerating ....

Mac

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
First time it barked I was a little freaked. My friend said it sounded cool but inside the cab it sounds expensive
Doing a big old smokey and having to let off in an instant got mine to bark pretty good. Supprised i didnt get a ticket outa the deal
It probably aint good on it but i havent nuked anything yet. I have to be on it hard and let off fairly quickly to get it to do it. If its bark then it aint the best on stuff I'm sure but not really bad.....if its not bark then it sounds expensive. Does it do it off the box? I dont recall ever getting mine to bark stock.

·
Registered
962 Posts
our powerstrokes used to do this all the time, not a big deal, just remeber we don't use blow off valves like gassers, so you have a split second of too much air volume and an engine that wo't accept it. Ours used to make a cool noise out of the exhaust, sounded like when you discharge the airpressure from air brakes.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Kyle I can also make my truck do this if I want, whenever I have the Quad on highest setting, get into it and let off and it will chirp. It does this also at the end of a pull if you let off quickly. It shouldnt hurt anything but I wouldnt try to make it do it. also, how do you like you tranny? is it holding up?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys ...i have had it do it before this pulling and once when i had a tractor stuck in the mud fogging the truck trying to pull it out....but ive never been able to do it "any time" like now...just wondering if it was somethign to be consened with going to kansas next week....my buddies 99 stroker dos it all the time to chipped or not...its never went but hes only making 21 lbs on the high side...itll do it anytime here recently high or almost no boost at all...mac i guess if you can do it almost anytime since were pretty much the same power it must be ok ....i have not modified the wastegate in any way

trans is doing ok ... holds the power great but i got one of the first ones that werent menat to be great for road diving just meant to hold alot of power the latest is supposed to cover all ....ill let you know more on it when i get the 2nd one put in hopefully before trip on thanksgiving.....Edited by: SmokinMax

1 - 10 of 10 Posts