Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 6.5TD. Towed it home, replaced the PMD, and now it runs. I noticed that there is no pressure on the wategate linkage and that it moves freely when the engine is running. I have good vacuum to the WG sol and the solenoid works when I ground the yellow wire, which the ecm should do. Does this mean that the ecm is bad? Is there anything else that would make the ecm want to leave the WG sol off? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
A bad boost pressure sensor will do it as well. When I got mine there was no code for it but you could move the wastegate by hand, replaced the boost pressure sensor and has been fine for a year and 22,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Rubicon,
Welcome to the forum. Take a minute and check out the welcome sticky, update your signature so we know what you're driving. And please, take a spin thru the FAQ. Lot's of good information there, including WG info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I checked the Map sensor at pin B. Reads 4.9v with engine off, key on. Looks like it's bad, but I also checked the sensor on the egr and it read 4.9v also. Both sensors look the same and have same numbers, but I would think that they would be calibrated differently? Also WG sol does not come on when the Map is unplugged (0v). The ecm is $110 at Napa. Should I go for it or try the Map first?

·
Registered
163 Posts
re: Turbo problem1

I had a problem similar to what you describe. I troubleshot it to a bad computer.

You can install a TurboMaster waste gate controller, and the boost fooler. The TurboMaster is available from a couple of sources.

the boost fooler will be needed to trick the PCM into thinking the boost from the boost fooler is less than it actually reads. It involves installing a 10k, 10 turn potentiometer in series with the boost pressure sensor. email me at [email protected] if you need more information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts