Diesel Place banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word from the advisor today..looks like a replacement is going to happen. 16k on the clock. Should have more info tommorow.
Anybody else have turbo issues?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
truck ran fine other than the noises and the vibration in the go pedal. Picking it up this am unfixed as they are getting gm involved and said its gonna take a few days at least. So it boils down to they don't want to pay for the rental until they have a plan....:( Guess I will bring it home and park it till then.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Take it to a different dealer.....they should be offering a rental from the get go.

·
Registered
373 Posts
truck ran fine other than the noises and the vibration in the go pedal. Picking it up this am unfixed as they are getting gm involved and said its gonna take a few days at least. So it boils down to they don't want to pay for the rental until they have a plan....:( Guess I will bring it home and park it till then.
Interesting. Under what conditions did the noise/vibration occur? I have similar odd sounds that I initially thought were transmission related but am pretty sure are some sort of exhaust resonance, perhaps turbo related. If I'm accelerating at low speeds in 1 or 2 and suddenly let off the accelerator (like would happen in a parking lot situation), I'll get what almost sounds like a metal on metal sound that I can feel. I had the dealer take a look at it but they agreed to just watch it for now since they didn't know for sure what it is (for which I am glad as I didn't want them tearing apart the truck doing exploratory surgery just yet).

·
Registered
640 Posts
I hope they don't hassle you over the mods in your sig just looking for an excuse to weasel out of the warranty.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you are having no drivability problems, just underhood noises, i doubt the turbbo itself is at fault. Have you had the bulletins on the buzz, vibration felt in throttle pedal due to reverberation of heater core hose done yet??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are having no drivability problems, just underhood noises, i doubt the turbbo itself is at fault. Have you had the bulletins on the buzz, vibration felt in throttle pedal due to reverberation of heater core hose done yet??
First I have heard of this. Is there a tsb on it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. Under what conditions did the noise/vibration occur? I have similar odd sounds that I initially thought were transmission related but am pretty sure are some sort of exhaust resonance, perhaps turbo related. If I'm accelerating at low speeds in 1 or 2 and suddenly let off the accelerator (like would happen in a parking lot situation), I'll get what almost sounds like a metal on metal sound that I can feel. I had the dealer take a look at it but they agreed to just watch it for now since they didn't know for sure what it is (for which I am glad as I didn't want them tearing apart the truck doing exploratory surgery just yet).
Sounds similar. I can also hear noise of sorts at faster speeds and sometimes feel vibrations in the floor/accelerator around 1500 rpms around 45 mph.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope they don't hassle you over the mods in your sig just looking for an excuse to weasel out of the warranty.
First thing they said was its the Banks intake....After a brief conversation they agreed to look further. I am pulling it off to see if the noises change in any way. Still waiting to hear back from GM. MPG has tanked.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm actually wondering if mine is turbo bark. Based upon what I've read, the conditions under which it occurs certainly sound right for it but I never thought it could be a problem on a stock truck. When the tech rode with me, he said he could definitely feel the vibration under the passenger side of the vehicle (which would be consistent with a vibration or resonance passing through the exhaust).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.