Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got some good top and bottom pix of the turbo manifold? I've been thinking about a pointless project and would like a clear view of the manifold, preferably off the engine.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Take a look in my garage. There are a couple there from when I did my injector job on the pass side. Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but might be a good start and better than nothing.

Dave

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I've got a spare turbo that is still attached to the manifold at work. I could take some pics of it, but the turbo is still attached and you probably want just the manifold?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats fine. If you dont mind I'll make requests...

picture of the top, picture of the bottom, picture of the side...as if it were bolted on and you were looking at it from the radiator.

Thx

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
OK Scrufdog the suspense is killin us here.

What ya up too?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh

well, I figure it might be interesting to waste some time and money on installing an external wastegate. Control boost from in the cab, get some interesting looks from the wastegate dump pipe sitting out of the fender, and external wastegates make a hella sweet noise when they open up. When external wastegates open it dumps excess exhaust pressure right out the side of it, into whatever small pipe you install there.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I see,

That should sound pretty cool.

·
Registered
376 Posts
lol ahemm..........the noise you are looking for is a blowoff valve placed in the intake manifold, wastegates dump into the exhaust system unless you dump them external witch sounds like complete crap..........

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I was looking at a wastegate adapter like you have on ebay, but it wouldnt do me much good. The intercooler pipe hangs over the turbo a little, and I dont feel like redoing the downpipe. looks good though

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
So basically you could have both going off at the same time and people will think your engine just blew up.

Maybe one of those whistles hooked up to it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
grape;1559560; said:
lol ahemm..........the noise you are looking for is a blowoff valve placed in the intake manifold, wastegates dump into the exhaust system unless you dump them external witch sounds like complete crap..........

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

Wrong post, but I have to ask if this is your toy? I live in Haslet and like to know if I see any trucks out on the road that also go here on DP.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DavidPhillips;1559593; said:
So basically you could have both going off at the same time and people will think your engine just blew up.

Maybe one of those whistles hooked up to it.
no, just the external wastegate.

I dont want a blow off valve grape, I personally like the sound of an external wastegate dumping through an open ended pipe.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Here are a few pics. It's very hard to get good pictures when the manifold and turbo are together, especially with my junk camera. My wife won't let me use the good one, lol. I don't know if these will help you or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, those are helpful pics, thx for takin the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts