Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have overhoul a 6,2 Diesel engiene from a Pick up with a banks turbo kit.
After overhouling the engiene i want to put it into a Chevy g20 van (6,2 diesel), but it didn´t fit .
The exhaust manifolds from the pick up are other like the van.
I thinked **** happens and start to search the parts, but i can´t find anyone.
I have mailed many dealer´s, but there is nothing!!
I neeeeeeed :help2: from the forum !!!

Please,please, please give me a link a tip a name aadress,......

Excuse for bad english, I´am not from us.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I believe the van's turbo mounts on top between the heads somehow, I've never seen one with a banks to know if something else is different. Others on here here worked on vans and should be around shortly to help out

·
Registered
877 Posts
Banks made a turbo kit for the vans back in the 80's but has discontinued them.

I seriously doubt that you'll get the truck banks kit to fit in a van, seeing how there is sooo much room in the vans!

Some pictures might help, there might be a way to adapt something to work, although, it's gonna take some modification.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Contact Banks?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you for the answer - I know that under vans hood is muuuuch room!! Aldough i´ll try it.
You are know if i can find van´s or parts(exhaust manyfolds) of 80´s anywere ??

Chevrolet Sportsvan CG21306 Beauville
2GNEG25C3J4129815
NJ4129815 (org. engiene) "new eng. is from a89 GMC Pick Up"

I had sent an email to banks three times but they didn´t given answer!

Where are the others they worked on van´s ????

Thanks.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Banks had the ONLY kit that worked for a van.

I'm hoping that you're using the accesory brackets and hardware off the original van engine on your '89 engine.

For a turbo, the only kit was the van turbo kit from Banks, which they didn't do long.

Probably because Diesel vans are a bit uncommon (I'm around one of them) and it became unprofitable to support.

There is someone over at the other diesel page that has a Banks turbo van, I think his screen name is "Fumes" that might help with a way to adapt what you have.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I'm still new to messing with diesels, but the 6.5t hummers use centermount turbos - would the 6.5 exhaust manifolds etc work with the 6.2?

Also check your pm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where is the other page with fumes ?? This forum?
And what are you meaning with orginale brackes??
Are the discbreaks bigger ? engineexhaustbrake?
Are the 6,5 Manifolds the same as 6,2?
many questions:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
there are many diesel websites. none of them like to share names. search for them on the internet the same way we did.

simply put, there is no free lunch.

the guy talking about brakets. he is talking about everything bolted to the engine. fastened to the block in any way. It may allow things to fit, it may not.

A turbo from a pickup will not fit. the turbo brakets will be needed from a van to be put on a van. same with a pickup truck, must be for truck.

I hope I help...in your words.

Good luck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
some of the 90's vans had turbos which are up in the intake area somehow. the hummers also had the same setup. you'll have to find a setup on ebay or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts