Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to here some opinions from people with EFI live using it on LBZ's only. What are your thoughts , honestly, on ease of use and support versus off the shelf programmers. I am well aware of the diffs. If all who have purchased it, would tou do it agaig? please feel free free to pm me as to be annon. I have it coming and am very nervous about it. Thank you

·
Registered
830 Posts
i ways the same way but there are enough people here to lend a hand. i have had lots of help from carcrafter22 he sent me some stuff to get started and a good idea on what to do. it is a little scary at first but you will love it in the end!

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
redws6rocket;1596131; said:
i ways the same way but there are enough people here to lend a hand. i have had lots of help from carcrafter22 he sent me some stuff to get started and a good idea on what to do. it is a little scary at first but you will love it in the end!
How long did it take you to get it up and running and have you got half way figured out?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I was really nervous about getting it I purchased mine from Mcrat, which is good for a few reasons. first you get a free 500hp race tune to see what is changed and already produces more power than most tuners. second you get help and tech support from a very good tuner, these 2 reasons are true about most of the people you would buy efilive from this site ie. trippin or anyone else here probably. The bottom line is dont be affraid if you have questions pm me and do alot of searchng on here.I am by far not a pro or really even good at this but I do like to help out as much as I can and have some tuning ability.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Not too much experience yet but just got mine Wednesday. Has been a blast. Would deff buy if I was doing it all again. You click on any listing for instance the main injection tab and a little blerb explains it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot guys for your support, now if only the ups truck had EFI Live it could get to me faster...lol

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
dont forget to get a life sized pic of you to put somewhere in the house since your family wont see much of you unless they are into tuning with you.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I'm supposed to get mine on Monday. I can't wait. It'll be at the UPS dist. center just down the road this afternoon, but I don't know if they'll let me pick it up from there. I wish they would because I don't want to wait if I don't have to.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Also contemplating a tuner....

Had been looking at Edge/Attitude. EFI Live is peaking my interest the more I read here.

Is EFI Live a good tuner if a guy wants to leave his tranny stock or is the Edge/Attitude better suited? I'm scared that once I get a taste of the power that I will have a new addition that will require an intervention (by the wife!).

Does a Tranny upgrade makes part of the 100,000 5 Year warranty null and void?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
gregw;1600953; said:
Had been looking at Edge/Attitude. EFI Live is peaking my interest the more I read here.

Is EFI Live a good tuner if a guy wants to leave his tranny stock or is the Edge/Attitude better suited? I'm scared that once I get a taste of the power that I will have a new addition that will require an intervention (by the wife!).
EFI Live is a better tuner no matter what your desired power level is...In addition to being able to data log, read and clear codes, and tune all supported vehicles, you have the ability to create your own custom tune, not use someone else's pre-packaged tuning...There is also a lot of help available on this forum and EFI Live's customer support is excellent...

·
Registered
94 Posts
so what is needed if you have a notebook? I read in the FAQ's you can download it free and play but how does it interface with the truck?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
need to purchase the rest from a vendor

i agree stock transmission or not ill always have a custom tuned vehicle
from now on.....Its MY TRUCK tuned the way I WANT IT

even if you yourself dont want to tune it...then purchase a custom tune
either way you will be happy

·
Registered
474 Posts
EFI Live PC based....

Dang,

I just bought a new Imac 24" computer which is running Mac OS X. It's a sweet computer but EFI doesn't indicate Mac compatibility on their website.

Will probably have to see if my older PC will work or buy a cheap one to make it happen or keep updated.

Does anyone running EFI Live wish they had the ability to tweak their tunes on the fly or is that not important? Daily driving versus towing.

E

·
0 Posts
Imathorp;1602502; said:
so what is needed if you have a notebook? I read in the FAQ's you can download it free and play but how does it interface with the truck?
The software is a free download, which is updated regularly with the latest features we release. Unless the FlashScan hardware is connected then it only works in demo mode - so you can view files, play around with the tables but you can't save, and obviously can't interface it into your vehicle.

gregw;1602898; said:
Dang,

I just bought a new Imac 24" computer which is running Mac OS X. It's a sweet computer but EFI doesn't indicate Mac compatibility on their website.

Will probably have to see if my older PC will work or buy a cheap one to make it happen or keep updated.

Does anyone running EFI Live wish they had the ability to tweak their tunes on the fly or is that not important? Daily driving versus towing.
Standalone features will be released pretty soon, so the need for a notebook or connection between your vehicle, Flashscan, and your computer won't be necessary. Maybe a cheaper option if you have a desktop PC would be to buy a long USB cable for the next month or two to use between your desktop PC, FlashScan and vehicle.

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
474 Posts
Efi Support

Interesting.....

So would you say a majority of EFI users use a laptop, basically sitting in their cab while messing around and programming?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

E

·
0 Posts
Presently to download your tune, reflash your tune and to datalog you need a PC-FlashScan-Vehicle connection. This will all change when standalone features are released for FlashScan V2. When these features are released (they will be a free download), you won't need the PC connection during downloading, reflashing and datalogging. The operation will be the same as a handheld.

You will still need a PC to view your logged data, and make changes to your tune, the difference is the location of the PC could be anywhere - inside your home, on the 5th floor of an office building - anywhere where there is a PC. Obviously, you'd need to download our software onto that PC.

I wouldn't say that most EFILive users tune in their vehicle, some do, it's that necessary continuous connection that makes it impossible not to have a laptop in the vehicle.

Standalone features should be released by the end of Q1 2007.

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
You need the EFILive V2, I would imagine that you have the V1 box (V2 box was just releast end of last year)

The new trucks have a new communication process that requires it.

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeeee Haaaa!! As you might guess, got it finally and with Guy's (Trippin) help and patience ALL IS GOOD! All I gotta say is......DAMMMM. Thanks to TDP and Trippin. Bully Dog Triple Dog with Outlook monitor now for sale! Money to go towards new tranny!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts