Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Tippin's prompt shipping, I got my EFILive last night. First thing I did was shutdown the EGR and raise the speed limiter. So now that I have this toy, I am looking to learn how it works...

1) I know someone or some members have developed an economy tune already. If that person/s whould email it I would love to play with it too.

2) I am also looking for a simple tune that someone has done for more HP/TQ. Something that I can use to help me understand what changes are used to make the power and how these engines work. Since I still have a stock trans I will not be looking to make a lot of power. I am currently looking do about the same as my J/A Level 1.

3) I know all the reasons to completly disable the EGR, but is there any benifit to it being active still or active under different parameters?

My e-mail address is jasonpcox at gmail dot com. Thanks in advance for any responses. Also a BIG thanks to the developers at EFILive for a great product.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
3) I know all the reasons to completly disable the EGR, but is there any benifit to it being active still or active under different parameters?
No benefit what so ever unless you want your intake manifold to clog up. The only time you'll need it is if you ever have to smog it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Or if you like a lot of smoke.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Is there a tune sharing website where tune files can be uploaded and downloaded?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
All those are stock tunes?

That is a start I guess. It would be great to see a page like that with descriptions of the mods in the tunes and the goals/results.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
will efi live work with gas motors too, from that site, it looks like it would work with the 5.3 and the 6.0 motors as well as the 5.7.

i thought this was just a vette/dmax tool only.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
will efi live work with gas motors too, from that site, it looks like it would work with the 5.3 and the 6.0 motors as well as the 5.7.

The DMax is a new addition to the existing EFI Live software for the LS engines. Mine shows choices for tuning 5.3, 5.7, 6.0 and 7.0 engines. (oddly enough - the menu does not include the 6.6 Dmax!). I don't have anything else, but I can only assume that you can tune any of those choices (up to your licensing limit) so you could do your Max and the wifey's Tahoe, too!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Time to get the wifey a Tahoe!?!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Time to get the wifey a Tahoe!?!
Or maybe a Trailblazer SS...since we'll soon be able to play with LS2 tuning :ro)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks to Tippin's prompt shipping, I got my EFILive last night. First thing I did was shutdown the EGR and raise the speed limiter. So now that I have this toy, I am looking to learn how it works...

1) I know someone or some members have developed an economy tune already. If that person/s whould email it I would love to play with it too.

2) I am also looking for a simple tune that someone has done for more HP/TQ. Something that I can use to help me understand what changes are used to make the power and how these engines work. Since I still have a stock trans I will not be looking to make a lot of power. I am currently looking do about the same as my J/A Level 1.

My e-mail address is jasonpcox at gmail dot com. Thanks in advance for any responses. Also a BIG thanks to the developers at EFILive for a great product.
PM me your email. I have one tested on 3 tanks now, getting 40 more miles per 3/4 tank. (vs stock).

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Have you figured that out as a measured MPG increase?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

From about 1999+
4.3L V6
5.3L V8
5.7L V8
6.0L V8
8.1L V8
And Dmax of course!

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
From about 1999+
4.3L V6
5.3L V8
5.7L V8
6.0L V8
8.1L V8
And Dmax of course!

Cheers,
Ross
Ross, did you catch my comment that in the selection box for engine type on VIN registration there is no 6.6L option? I just chose 7.0 I don't remember seeing 8.1L either.

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
More than significant. Nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts