Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I had some questions about programer type tuners I have not seen ask before. Was wondering if they would hold the programs in memory indefinetly, including the stock program? Do they require a battery that would need to be changed, and if so, would I have to return the truck to stock program before changing battery? Also does it hurt them to leave them in the cold? I've been keeping mine in the glove box and it's been getting down in the ten degree range.
Thanks for any knowledge.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Most reprogramers store the stock code in Flash memory so no battery is needed after its stored. Temperature will efect the unit but it all depends on what grade IC's were used in manufactureing. I would store the unit in the house just to be safe. Also the Lcd displays willnot work when the temperatures are very cold, they are just not designed for that. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Diesel Tech, I see u have an LLY.

Do u have anything that will work on them yet, that also is LB7 compatable?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Our Exhaust Kits will work on both models but the programmers are completely different. GM changed the PCM for the LLY so things are alot different. Were are currently still working on the computer code for the LLY but hope to have a handle on it shortly (next 2 months). Once the code is done we will see what we can do with a reprogrammer for it. All the LB7 PowerLoader are done and currently avalible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts