Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're pleased to announce the EFILive Tune Repository! The tune repository will allow all members the ability to share EFILive tune files with other members. Members can upload and download tune files from one central location now.

Feel free to share any tunes you have created (from mild to wild). We also need to get all available stock tunes uploaded so if you've got a different OS/Calibration than anything currently available please upload it.

If you didn't create the tune please do not upload it. Copyright infringement is illegal.

To upload a tune simply browse to the appropriate category and click the "Add Link/File" link under the main navigation bar. Make sure you follow the instructions for submitting the necessary information along with the file. Once you click submit please wait until you are given the main category page - it may take several minutes for your file to upload and while it's uploading the page will not change from the original submittion form.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
201 Posts
:) Cool. Thanks sp33d!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
excellent, another way for us newbies to learn:ro)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Excellent!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
One thing to remember, if you want the VIN removed before posting, you can edit that in the tun file directly in the editor before saving the file.
It is best to make the last 6 digits 000000 and leave the rest of the VIN alone, we use some info from the VIN for program setup.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
92 Posts
so the tune can be downloaded directly to my laptop. then flashed to the vehicle with not other changes?

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll want to change the VIN of the tune to match your vehicle.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Also make sure the operating system matches yours.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
EFILive won't let you flash the wrong one in anyway.
What you need to be careful of is the matching calibration part numbers.
In other words, you don't want to program in a 26gal tank when yours is not.
Best thing is to go to the GM CalID site, enter in your VIN and then check all the different calibration part numbers that will work for your truck.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to try to get a small tutorial put together with general information on download and uploading tunes to the site and what to look for/change... the GM calibration site Ross mentioned above will be included. If you have any other suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
And don't forget you can look at the 'History' tab to figure out just what has been changed on a modified tune once the file is opened.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
263 Posts
I luv dis Dieselplace.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I'm hesitant on putting anything I've worked on there due to the fact that I ony run at sea level and some of the major changes are Baro dependant.

·
Whipper Snapper
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Upload them and put the warning in the description. The entire database is a use at your own risk deal anyway.

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is absolutely awesome. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yeah, a big thank you to Chad and the gang, this has been in the works for a while, it was hard to bite ones tongue every-time someone asked for a file to be Emailed to them knowing what was coming.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Let the fuel mileage tuning wars begin! Who will be the first to hit 26mpg first, then share the tune and have someone else back it up?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts