Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tuff country says "standard backspacing". That usually means 4.5". My wheels are labeled as 4.5" BS but I measure 4.375". I also measured stock wheels as 4.875", and I think stock wheels will also work.

When I had cranked t-bars I could get around 2" before the ride started getting "jouncy". I think most trucks will go 2.5-3" of T-bar crank if you have the proper t-bar keys. However, you get your tierods at an awfully steep angle with 2" of t-bar crank and you really need longer shocks as well.

This lift will easily go another 2" if a guy wanted.

Here is the website for the relocators: http://realiftsusp.com/

I think they run $280ish.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The truck drives great and the ride is like stock with both the Rancho and Tuff Country kits. I especially like the poly control arm bushings. Even though the TC has 2.25" less front track than the Rancho, the TC with the poly bushings feels more stable.

The Realift T-bar Relocators don't change the ride at all.

My t-bars are not cranked in these pics. Well, maybe 1/4" but that is all.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Oh, I almost forgot. I haven't towed heavy with it yet, though a big tag may be in my future. I did tow 7500ish lbs on I-10 for 800 miles at speeds up to 80 with zero issues.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
BTW, the trcuk is raked as much as it looks in the side pic. The passenger front tire is off the pavement.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

You can see in this pic that the Rancho lowers the Lower control arms 6" and the Tuff country lowers them 4"
I missed this--sorry. The measurement between the bolt holes--going vertically from where the new control arm hole is to where the subframe mounts into the stock control arm hole--is close with both units. The Rancho spacing is 5.25" while the TC is 4.5". However, you can get more lift with the TC while still keeping the CVs at stock angles because the TC drops the front diff more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tuff country says "standard backspacing". That usually means 4.5". My wheels are labeled as 4.5" BS but I measure 4.375". I also measured stock wheels as 4.875", and I think stock wheels will also work.

When I had cranked t-bars I could get around 2" before the ride started getting "jouncy". I think most trucks will go 2.5-3" of T-bar crank if you have the proper t-bar keys. However, you get your tierods at an awfully steep angle with 2" of t-bar crank and you really need longer shocks as well.

This lift will easily go another 2" if a guy wanted.

Here is the website for the relocators: http://realiftsusp.com/

I think they run $280ish.

So are you saying that you can use the stock wheels with the tuff country lift?

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have Juice with Attitude and haven't had any axle wrap issues with the 3.5" rear block. I have heard that with 4" and shorter blocks and springs that are not worn oput axle wrap is not a big problem with the HDs.

TC does include some poly spacers that go on the overloads. They are for the purpose of controlling axle wrap and should work for that.

I would call TC and ask specifically if stock wheels will work with their lift.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I haven't used the spacers yet. TC said they wouldn't add any height but I think they'd have to.

·
Registered
508 Posts
How does it drive with that setup? Do you tow?
I might be able to answer some of your ? I have had this lift on my truck for a year know. I did replace the rear block with a 3 inch to give it a little rack. I use this truck to compete in truck pulls and I also farm. It is my daily driver as well. Around 25,000 miles on the lift. Axle rap up has not been an issue. I have towed loads over 80,000 lbs, pulled a gooseneck loaded with concrete blocks (leaf springs were bowing the wrong way at times) and I have had zero issues. And yes I would do it again.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I might be able to answer some of your ? I have had this lift on my truck for a year know. I did replace the rear block with a 3 inch to give it a little rack. I use this truck to compete in truck pulls and I also farm. It is my daily driver as well. Around 25,000 miles on the lift. Axle rap up has not been an issue. I have towed loads over 80,000 lbs, pulled a gooseneck loaded with concrete blocks (leaf springs were bowing the wrong way at times) and I have had zero issues. And yes I would do it again.
How about some pics of your truck?):h

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
You towed 80,000 lbs?

·
Registered
508 Posts
You towed 80,000 lbs?
Yes all day long. I farm and we haul some of our soybeans home other wise they get trucked out. Will pull 3 large gravity wagons at a time. this is a over loaded semi load. Truck handels it fine. never go over 30mph. And all 3 have brakes.

·
Diesel Master
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
What is the tongue weight on the truck? Are these 4 wheel trailers?

·
Registered
508 Posts
What is the tongue weight on the truck? Are these 4 wheel trailers?
no tougue wieght. they have 4 cement mixer tires on each one. I do load my bed up 3000-4000 lbs pluse pull a trailer with some pretty heavy tougue weight. My point is I have abused this truck and have had zero problems with this lift.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts