Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody - I am just wondering if anybody here has any experience with the TTT towing mirrors? I am thinking about buying a set this winter for my truck as I am tired of putting those CIPA mirrors on when towing my fiver.

Anybody have any experience with them? Wind Noise, durability, etc...

Thanks.

Curtis

·
Registered
89 Posts
Curtis,

I've had a set on my '02 since December and just love them. They do have a very slight whistle at around 30 mph, you can only hear it with the window rolled down and the radio off. The whistle insn't annoying to me at all. The mirrors are very well made and don't vibrate at all.

I have the lighted/heated mirrors.

I bought mine direct from TTT (before there were any available dealers), but I understand that http://wjsperformance.com has them for a very reasonable price.

Go for it, You will love them.

Sinc your truck is an '03 I believe you will also need the "Multiplex" kit part #1090.

Hope this helps, JoeEdited by: Joe Pool

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
they are without a doubt the very best mirrors on the market.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Added a set to my truck earlier this summer. Until then, had no ideal just how big of a blind spot I had when towing our travel trailer. They are exceptional mirrors, I think they are better than the GM '03 towing mirrors. After considerable looking, bought mine from John Kennedy ... http://www.kennedydiesel.com/ ... his price was competitive and he provided some wiring tips that made installing them much easier ... Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
I plan to buy a set next spring - hope they don't increase too much in price. I've read good reviews by several owners on different forums - so they sound good. (Course so did the Lucerix X-Mounts and I had 2 fail!!) I was also hoping to find someone near me with a set so I could take a look instead of relying on pics.

Jim

·
Registered
958 Posts
I just put a set on, drove 2200 miles to Oklahoma with the stock powervision mirrors, installed the TTT mirrors and drove 2200 miles home to Canada. They're great, no blind spots, fairly easy to install.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been debating the TTT and the Cipa mirrors. One thing I was wondering is how hard is it to wire in the turn signals on the TTT. Any comments?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Using "mechanic's wire" to run all wires from inside the door to inside the cab was a relatively easy operation ... do have to remove a couple of dash panals to get to the junction box ... figuring out where to plug in wasn't difficult ... Jim

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice pics Camstyn.....I like dirty trucks...thats why when I wash mine I only wash underneath...never wash the paint.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Silva455 - I believe the CIPA mirror is the same mirror that Lucerix used to market (same manufacturer). Obviously we're talking the replacement mirror, not the CIPA "add-on" mirrors. Lucerix discontinued them due to continuing quality control issues (according to John Kennedy). I had 2 passenger side mirrors fail in less than a year. Having said that, Kennedy says he has never had a problem with the CIPA mirror and assumes the manufacturer "fixed" the problems!!?? I plan to go with the TTT next spring unless I hear something that changes my mind.

JimEdited by: JimandKarla

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would have bought the CIPA/Lucerix mirrors but you can't wire them to use power/heat on a '03 or '04 truck. I went with the TTT mirrors instead, installation is easy, pull the door panels off and just plug/unplug the connectors. I've got the ones with the marker lights on the front, I didn't have any spare wire when I was installing them so I couldn't connect the marker lights, but the turn signals work fine.

The first door took a couple of hours and some head scratching, the second door was a breeze. With the TTT mirrors you have to take off your ventshades, I wasn't aware of that until it was too late.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've had my TTT mirrors for several months and love them. Installation takes a little time if you purchase the ones with the turn signal/running lights.

I did notice the slight wind noise mentioned earlier. I contaced Shefenacker (sp) and they provided me with a prototype replacement to the front panel of each mirror. I drove with the new panel in place for several long trips and am happy to report that the redesigned panel eliminated all wind noise.

I am now, a very happy camper...literally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts