Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like your mirrors? Are they worth the close to $600 price tag? $550 plus multiplexer.

Would you do it again?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the looks of the OEM mirrors and I also like the power extend. I don't like the accordian boots that hold water.

I broke my passenger mirror so I can replace it for around $250 for a used pair or I can buy the TTT's for around $500.

The other thing is I can have the TTT's in 2 days where I have to wait for a good deal to come along for the OEM mirrors.

I am not sure if I like the looks of the TTT's. Do they just come with a painted black cover?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Ask Eric, he took off the OE (Powervision) units in favor of the TTT units...

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I've been very happy with mine - only "criticism" is that the lights are designed to be "invisible" to the driver (a good thing) but that means that they extend out about 3/4" further than the frame of the mirror and I have rubbed mine several times on both sides going in and out of a narrow garage. I finally wised up and started folding in the driver's side.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I like the looks of the OEM mirrors and I also like the power extend. I don't like the accordian boots that hold water.

I broke my passenger mirror so I can replace it for around $250 for a used pair or I can buy the TTT's for around $500.

The other thing is I can have the TTT's in 2 days where I have to wait for a good deal to come along for the OEM mirrors.

I am not sure if I like the looks of the TTT's. Do they just come with a painted black cover?
I think they work great. If I recall I paid like $450, and I bought them from another dealer, but I can't remember where. :( I would have to look....
You can get the cover in black that can be painted to match the color of your truck. Mine are black. They do look a little weird when looking at them from the front of the truck.

I will tell you this, mine had a whistle to them when I got them. It's kind of annoying. TTT I think made it right by modifying the design. They definitly push some air.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Mine are a smooth black plastic cover (not painted). Some have discussed paint matching them. There is also an optional chrome cover. J/K has the chromes, as I recall.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I love mine with the plain black covers. I don't really care for the looks of the chrome ones, but to each his own. Regarding the wind whistle mentioned earlier, The later revisions of the mirror have a convoluted edge on the mirror housing where the slides go into the mirror which eliminates the wind whistle. The early versions had a straight edge there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got mine from Kennedy a few months ago. They are by far the best mirrors I ever have used. I tried the Multivex on my stock mirrors but they did not allow me to see around my trailer while towing. The TTT mirrors extend 2" farther then stock and that made all the differance. The large spot mirror really improves your field of view.

Also Kennedy shipped them the same day and was great to deal with.

Thanks, Louis

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to Power Vision to see if they sell replacement parts. They do but not for the GM mirrors as their is slight differences. One thing I found interesting is she said that the Power vision mirrors extend 1 1/2 inches further on each side then the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
I love mine. Would definitly do it again.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Great mirrors, for MOST users.

I run them on my work truck, and they have been extended their whole life. The glass wobble was noticeable in the beginning, and has since gotten worse. They have about 13k miles on them now. I think for most users who do not ride around with them extended EVERY day on crappy roads, not an issue.

Though the new '06 elephant ears are not the best looking, they are VERY functional.

Bottom line, though pricey, the TTT's are a nice mirror.

Ty

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Best towing mirrors I have ever used. I do get some minimal vibration but nothing to bad. One thing is for sure...there are no blind spots!!!

MaxRock

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The mirrors are great! The only downside i've noticed is that the passenger side glass is not convex, so it takes a bit of getting used to, since there is a smaller field of vision. But there is that huge blind spot mirror, so like it says, there is no blind spot.

The mirrors actually look like they belong on a truck, unlike the factory POS.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Good towing mirrors and the seperate spot convex mirror is a nice feature too.

TTT's web site has a picture of the chrome cover, and I think they offer a red/white/blue version too, if your feeling patriotic to the USA. I painted mine to color match the truck.

I found them on sale for $490 when I got mine along with the multiplexer for 20 dollars.

Check here and give him a call for the sale price of the day.
http://www.wjsperformance.com/mirrors/ttt-mirror2.htm

Here's a link to the web site with the covers:
http://www.tttmirror.com/replacement.html#

DD

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Absolutely I would do it again...but I got mine for $250......;)

Slight vibration, but nothing major. When I first saw those mirrors, I hated them and couldn't see why anyone would pay >$450 for them.

I guess they grew on me, and saw a set one day and thought...hmmm....those look pretty good. Now that they are on the truck I really like the look of them.

Pics in my garage.....:cool:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
They are ok, but I don't like the passenger mirror. It is just like the driver mirror. It doesn't have that distant look to it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts