Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTS Xtreme breaks new ground

9K views 140 replies 53 participants last post by  sp33d 
#1 ·
Congradulations to both Moss and Slick for over 580 RwHp with just some basic bolt on's and an Xtreme program.

Jeremy Moss BD turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 583 RwHp 1068 ft lbs, #2 diesel only :drop_mout

Slick(Sheldon) stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 580 RwHp 1192 ft lbs, #2 diesel only. :drop_mout :drop_mout

To date that makes the Xtreme the most powerful tuner bar none on a stock motor with a single CP3- stock turbo and BD turbo!

#2 ·
:D Congrats!! Nice numbers. What can we make mine do ;)

#6 ·
Diesel Tech;1557354; said:
Jeremy Moss BD turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 583 RwHp 1068 ft lbs, #2 diesel only
Slick(Sheldon) stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 580 RwHp 1192 ft lbs, #2 diesel only.
So a BD turbo is only worth 3hp and makes even less torque than a stocker???? That sounds very interesting.......

#8 ·
Congrats!

:ro)

#9 · (Edited)
Boost #'s

Slick and Moss had similar boost #'s and both trucks ran great. It made for a tense situation for slick trying to get that 3 extra HP. I must say, the extreme TTS program makes some awesome power. I think Moss will be very happy with the A5K. It will be interesting to see his truck after the turbo is installed.

Both Moss and Slick are great guys and both have great running trucks. It was a pleasure to meet both of them and watch the fun.

Congrads to all the competitors!!!!

#10 ·
BIG DIPPER;1557469; said:
So a BD turbo is only worth 3hp and makes even less torque than a stocker???? That sounds very interesting.......

Look at Moss's times before and after the bd turbo and you will see there is a little more than 3hp and a loss of tourqe. I know on mine I picked up about 50 hp and almost 150 lb/ft of tourque on the same dyno. One of the biggest benifits I gained is low egt's.

#14 ·
Sheldon was spinning 35 PSI on his stocker IIRC. Wonder what he would have rolled if he would have turned it down a bit.

I did about crap myself when i saw the #'s :eek:

Slick won a EFILive version 2 for his efforts from SOCAL Diesel :clap: Tried to sell it to me afterwards.....think he is happy with the TTS ):h

#15 ·
MarkBroviak;1557775; said:
They both were smoking for sure.:D Moss's sounds mean as hell with that super short exhuast system!
You talking about my truck? I was the one with just the front pipe and no tail/muffler

#17 ·
Custom "Ratlover Turn Down Exhaust"):h

I'm still debating about what to do with the V2. I bought V1 from Guy about 3 months ago when the V1 runout sale was going on. Don't mess with it much(mostly because I don't know what the hell I'm doing). It is sweet for scanning though. I may keep the V2 and sell the V1??

I knew Philip was eyeing the V2 for his LBZ though.:deal:

#18 ·
Diesel Tech;1557354; said:
Congradulations to both Moss and Slick for over 580 RwHp with just some basic bolt on's and an Xtreme program.

Jeremy Moss BD turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 583 RwHp 1068 ft lbs, #2 diesel only :drop_mout

Slick(Sheldon) stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 580 RwHp 1192 ft lbs, #2 diesel only. :drop_mout :drop_mout

To date that makes the Xtreme the most powerful tuner bar none on a stock motor with a single CP3- stock turbo and BD turbo!
Steve, is this the same programming that you have been selling for a while, or have you tweaked it over time? Specifically, anything different than my almost two year old Extreme?

#19 ·
MarkBroviak;1557853; said:
Yeah it was your truck that I am thinking of and it sounded mean as hell like that! Sorry for the mix up, hard to keep up with everyone that was there.
No biggy, just razzing ya :) Sounded mean and made alot of angry noise but in the end it wasnt all that bad compared to the others. Still made good power and I was honestly impressed with what it made with no liftpumps.

#20 ·
Just think how it would sound with a new charger under the hood...:eek:

Then you could plow some serious snow.:grd:

#22 ·
Yeah.....you Wade and the Crank it up boys are a bunch of bastards making me consider a charger ):h But this thread is about the TTS putting down a nice showing not me kicking the habbit and thinking about #2 fun :D

#23 · (Edited)
HoustonDMax;1557950; said:
Steve, is this the same programming that you have been selling for a while, or have you tweaked it over time? Specifically, anything different than my almost two year old Extreme?
I believe the tune Slick ran is about two year or so old but he would need to chime in and answer that question. Jeremy Moss has something newer but the updates were for driveability not for greater overall power. So it's the good old Xtreme still Kicking a$$ and taking names :eek:

#24 ·
I recieved my tune in May of 05 I believe.

#25 ·
I guess all my trucks have been underachievers when it comes to the extreme........:confuzeld

#26 ·
I'm not interested in causing any drama, but please clearify the difference between the tune that made 580rwhp, and the tune D/P User "Slick" is talking about in this post. They are both labeled as TTS "Extreme". I'm confused :confused:. I want 580rwhp with my stock turbo :)

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48959&highlight=dyno

Slick said:
Will be close to 500 on stock turbo and injects with a lift pump. You'll prob. need to spray to get to 550. Or have a good dyno operator. j/k some have made over 520 on stock turbo. I'm sure most have undisclosed "other" mods that add up to make the bigger # or they use a different dyno procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.