Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congradulations to both Moss and Slick for over 580 RwHp with just some basic bolt on's and an Xtreme program.

Jeremy Moss BD turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 583 RwHp 1068 ft lbs, #2 diesel only :drop_mout

Slick(Sheldon) stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 580 RwHp 1192 ft lbs, #2 diesel only. :drop_mout :drop_mout

To date that makes the Xtreme the most powerful tuner bar none on a stock motor with a single CP3- stock turbo and BD turbo!

·
Registered
274 Posts
:D Congrats!! Nice numbers. What can we make mine do ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
I guess i won't be buying a bd turbo. dave

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Those are some excellent numbers. Congrats. You forgot to mention that they both won some very cool prizes by having those numbers. Jeremy won an Aurora 5K!!!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Diesel Tech;1557354; said:
Jeremy Moss BD turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 583 RwHp 1068 ft lbs, #2 diesel only
Slick(Sheldon) stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 580 RwHp 1192 ft lbs, #2 diesel only.
So a BD turbo is only worth 3hp and makes even less torque than a stocker???? That sounds very interesting.......

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Congrats!

:ro)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Boost #'s

Slick and Moss had similar boost #'s and both trucks ran great. It made for a tense situation for slick trying to get that 3 extra HP. I must say, the extreme TTS program makes some awesome power. I think Moss will be very happy with the A5K. It will be interesting to see his truck after the turbo is installed.

Both Moss and Slick are great guys and both have great running trucks. It was a pleasure to meet both of them and watch the fun.

Congrads to all the competitors!!!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
BIG DIPPER;1557469; said:
So a BD turbo is only worth 3hp and makes even less torque than a stocker???? That sounds very interesting.......

Look at Moss's times before and after the bd turbo and you will see there is a little more than 3hp and a loss of tourqe. I know on mine I picked up about 50 hp and almost 150 lb/ft of tourque on the same dyno. One of the biggest benifits I gained is low egt's.

·
Registered
774 Posts
That's interesting seeing the boost #'s were pretty close to each other. I guess boost pressure at the intake doesn't matter. I wonder if the air fuel ratio makes the difference?;)

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Sheldon was spinning 35 PSI on his stocker IIRC. Wonder what he would have rolled if he would have turned it down a bit.

I did about crap myself when i saw the #'s :eek:

Slick won a EFILive version 2 for his efforts from SOCAL Diesel :clap: Tried to sell it to me afterwards.....think he is happy with the TTS ):h

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
MarkBroviak;1557775; said:
They both were smoking for sure.:D Moss's sounds mean as hell with that super short exhuast system!
You talking about my truck? I was the one with just the front pipe and no tail/muffler

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
ratlover;1557780; said:
You talking about my truck? I was the one with just the front pipe and no tail/muffler
Yeah it was your truck that I am thinking of and it sounded mean as hell like that! Sorry for the mix up, hard to keep up with everyone that was there.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Custom "Ratlover Turn Down Exhaust"):h

I'm still debating about what to do with the V2. I bought V1 from Guy about 3 months ago when the V1 runout sale was going on. Don't mess with it much(mostly because I don't know what the hell I'm doing). It is sweet for scanning though. I may keep the V2 and sell the V1??

I knew Philip was eyeing the V2 for his LBZ though.:deal:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Diesel Tech;1557354; said:
Congradulations to both Moss and Slick for over 580 RwHp with just some basic bolt on's and an Xtreme program.

Jeremy Moss BD turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 583 RwHp 1068 ft lbs, #2 diesel only :drop_mout

Slick(Sheldon) stock turbo, stock engine, single CP3, 580 RwHp 1192 ft lbs, #2 diesel only. :drop_mout :drop_mout

To date that makes the Xtreme the most powerful tuner bar none on a stock motor with a single CP3- stock turbo and BD turbo!
Steve, is this the same programming that you have been selling for a while, or have you tweaked it over time? Specifically, anything different than my almost two year old Extreme?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
MarkBroviak;1557853; said:
Yeah it was your truck that I am thinking of and it sounded mean as hell like that! Sorry for the mix up, hard to keep up with everyone that was there.
No biggy, just razzing ya :) Sounded mean and made alot of angry noise but in the end it wasnt all that bad compared to the others. Still made good power and I was honestly impressed with what it made with no liftpumps.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Just think how it would sound with a new charger under the hood...:eek:

Then you could plow some serious snow.:grd:

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.