Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got banks now i want more power! Wish i could stack banks but oh well. -- i want an aftermarket tune that yeilds the most power with nothing but motor and chip. aslo do you think an SC 3 tranny upgrade could hold these chips?

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
I see too many people starting with mid level transmission upgrades and ending up doing it over again$$$. I'd suggest the IV or V and do it once...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Wow thats the 1st time I've seen the SCIII called a mid level upgrade.:confused:

So your saying the SCIII won't hold the Xtreme or another BIG #2 only tune??

Tell Tony that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Wow thats the 1st time I've seen the SCIII called a mid level upgrade.:confused:

So your saying the SCIII won't hold the Xtreme or another BIG #2 only tune??

Tell Tony that. :rolleyes:
My SC-III is almost 2 years old,40K miles on it.......not easy miles either........... has 150++ passes down the 1/4 mile and over 75 hard dyno pulls and more 0-100 mph full throtle launches in tune testing than I can count.

At the time I built mine a SC-III was the only thing that was available in a kit, so that is what I got. I built it myself with help from MIKE L. on a few things and it is fine.

I have run the TTS for over a year and am running my own EFI-Live tune now and the tranny is working flawless.

I did add a Co-Pilot for the track only, other than the 1/4 mile I never turn it on......:cool:

I would go with a SC-IV now if the kit was available, but nothing less than a SC-III.

Joe puts together a heck of a good package, I would not hesitate to build or buy another Suncoast........

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
If memory serves, McRat had a SC-III in blue that just gave up the ghost. Now there have been improvements to this kit, but it's rated at 500 HP. If your target is to approach 500HP well it just doesn't make sense to go with a trans kit that is just "adequate." Two things that you want to make good and darn sure are done properly BEFORE going out racing (or street racing) etc. The transmission, and the fuel supply...

·
Registered
214 Posts
TTS extreme has my vote, most power, switchable on the fly, good tow tune, driveable.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I like the power of my ppe and without adding drugs to your truck the scIII will hold.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
hopefully april 22 in Tennesee we will know !!how ist the big hp player, then at Merchants May 21 The Bd will be on and running there

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had the TTS before in my LB7, and I can tell you I prefer the PPE since it is smoother as a daily driver (no rattle sound) and hits harder. :ro)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I see too many people starting with mid level transmission upgrades and ending up doing it over again$$$. I'd suggest the IV or V and do it once...
Last I looked/heard Suncoast didn't have a V! Is it new? Just a couple weeks ago someone posted that they were getting a SC-V and It was quickly shot down by the main man at SC.
By the way Kyle Michael uses the SC-III in his pulling truck, and he is probably pushing 700-900 rwhp.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Last I looked/heard Suncoast didn't have a V! Is it new? Just a couple weeks ago someone posted that they were getting a SC-V and It was quickly shot down by the main man at SC.
By the way Kyle Michael uses the SC-III in his pulling truck, and he is probably pushing 700-900 rwhp.

SC-V is the completely rebuilt trans from Suncoast. I don't imagine Kyle having a Suncoast kit in his transmission when he is an ATS dealer. I believe his truck has an ATS stage III kit.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
I have the Suncaost V (or at least that is what I call it)in my 2002. I prefer the V in many cases. This is the fully built trans from Suncosast and comes with a warranty.

The SC-III is a good kit don't get me wrong. It works well for many, BUT it is simply designed for up to 500RWHP and it will not live as long at levels over 500HP as the IV/V units.

SC-III quote: "This kit is recommended for normal duty with up to 500 RWHP."

SC-IV quote: "This kit when properly installed will enable the Allison to easily handle extreme power and load increases in excess of 500 RWHP"

If you do it right the first time, it will cost much less in the long run...

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I had the TTS before in my LB7, and I can tell you I prefer the PPE since it is smoother as a daily driver (no rattle sound) and hits harder. :ro)
Let's tell the truth here, you had a PPE unit that we made for them not a TTS Xtreme we never sold PPE our Xtreme programming. The unit you had was a private label unit that we rated at 120 RwHp.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I have the Suncaost V (or at least that is what I call it)in my 2002.
What's differant about your sc V that makes you say the above statement?

Differant converter, co-pilot?:confused:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Not looking to start anything here, but you with over 2000 post spend alot of time here. How did you miss never hearing anything about a SC V?

Now that I said this, I would probably sound like a jag asking where the he!! did Kent moonshine come from?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
If memory serves, McRat had a SC-III in blue that just gave up the ghost. Now there have been improvements to this kit, but it's rated at 500 HP. If your target is to approach 500HP well it just doesn't make sense to go with a trans kit that is just "adequate." Two things that you want to make good and darn sure are done properly BEFORE going out racing (or street racing) etc. The transmission, and the fuel supply...
Blue probably has as many 1/4mi passes on it as any dmax around. Our guess is about 500. Sled pulls, towing, and daily abuse as well.

Yes, we did wear it out, but we wore out "hard parts" too in it. It was beaten up pretty good inside, and we drove it a week after I limped it at the last DHRA event, and it worked great at lessor HP levels.

But I do agree that if you intend on heavy racing, you should get the best stuff available the first time out.

So Blue now has Suncoast parts in it again. IMO, they are the best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts