Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now wanting to add a little hp to my lly to catch my ford diesel buddies, and wanted to go either tts or efi but do not know what would be recomended for my situation. Maybe 80hp at most as i want to keep some life still of my stock allison. ALso what would i be doing to my warranty. Thanks

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
If your dealer finds out about a tuner on your truck they may void the warranty. Most remove tunes before heading to the dealer.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
If you buy EFI-Live from any of the EFI-Vendors, Trippin, Kennedy or McRAT they will all give you a free tune, better than waiting for a canned tune and you can get free tunes for the repository and start playing around with tuning yourself.

Better than a handheld and allows you to make any change you want.

Good Luck,

T:D NY

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
EFI far out ways any canned tune out. There is much more flexibility and potential to customize your particular truck. Plus you get the scan tool and the ability to lock the trans at a dyno

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fwiw....

Correct me if I am wrong...EFI will tune both of your trucks as well!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
cozad101;1594295; said:
I am now wanting to add a little hp to my lly to catch my ford diesel buddies, and wanted to go either tts or efi but do not know what would be recomended for my situation. Maybe 80hp at most as i want to keep some life still of my stock allison. ALso what would i be doing to my warranty. Thanks
Yes you can get starter tunes when you purchase EFI Live, but remember in the big picture it should read: TTS vs. cozad101 with EFI live

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hands down EFI Live!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts