Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to brake off the little toggle switch that controlls the PCM. I called TTS and they are going to be sending me a new one. However this weekend I would really enjoy using the "high" setting to settle some things with the local furd guys. Please let me know if there is any way to by-pass the TTS switch.
Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Is just the part that you hold to switch the program's broken or is the whole switch demolished ?

If it's just the handle part maybe you can try to use a small screwdriver or pick to flip what's left of the toggle to the position you want.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it broke off the little black piece that moves in the switch came out as well. So I am basically without a switch:-(

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Shot in the dark but, can you un-plug the switch? Even if you can this may not apply. On the Van Aaken boxes, when the 3 position switch is unplugged the box automaticlly defaults to the highest setting. So, if one broke the switch, he could just unplug it and then be on kill.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish it were that easy when the switch is disconected it defaults to the lowest setting 70/80hp setting:-(
I have tried grounding out the green wire and that doesn't do it either.. so I am lost. I put a meeter on the green wire and it was reading aprox 5 volts with the key on... so I guess that little switch has a little trick to it.
Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
429 Posts
The switch is based on resistance, so you can use resistors to make a temporary one. I broke mine on a Friday and needed to use the Extreme that weekend, so Deadeye was kind enough to put one together for me (still using it, even though I ordered a new one from TTS). Maybe you could PM Deadeye and he could explain how to make one (I cant remember the specs for the resistors). Good luck!

PS, did they charge you for that switch?

Josh

·
Registered
609 Posts
no switch = no power.....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They took my info Friday afternoon and the guy on the phone said he thought the switch was under $20 so I guess I'll hear back on Monday...
Thanks For the info.
Jon

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was mounting in the dash and snaped off the toggle part and the dash board:-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts