Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we're getting close to the release of the TTS PL-III. Nice write up in the March issue of DieselPower Magazine. Gives HP & Torque numbers from some dyno runs. Model featured has four available tunes that are adjustable - Stock, Economy, Tow & Race. Time to get the tranny done!! :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I guess I will hold off on ordering the Predator if this thing is really close to coming out!

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
I heard 440HP for the LLY

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thats not near as much as the old xtreme tune for the lb7. He said we would be very suprised with the new power levels???:confused:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
here are the numbers according to the magazine all numbers are approximates from the graphs

economy mode: 260hp 525tq
tow mode: 340hp 675tq
race mode: 415hp 825tq

tow tune: 58hp and 150tq at wheels
race tune: 128hp and 315tq at wheels

like i said these are what i took from the graphs in the mag. you might see them different.

side note to McRat, the truck they used looks like a reg. cab casper

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
they also put drugs on the test truck and got 527hp and a hair over 1000tq at wheels. funny they don't mention any trans. work:D

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
meh... guess I wont be saving up for this... You can make more than that with a PPE HOT/VA stack.

no offence to Steve and his team, but I kinda expected at least 460 or so at the rear wheels for the LLY... :(

--ben

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
the new diesel power mag is out already because i have been waiting for mine to come in the mail i hope it gets here soon

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I was thinking more power too. How much additional HP is the race tune for the LB7? Also will the PLIII stack well with anything?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The testing was only the Stock to Race tunes not the Xtreme. The LB7 Race tune is +120 RwHp the LLY Race tune is +128 RwHp which puts it right were we wanted it. This is what most people buy so that was what was tested. The Xtreme numbers are higher. People asked us for a stock position so we've added that. This gives you Four switch on the fly programs to selecet from Stock, Economy, Tow and Race. TTS is the orginal switch on the fly program, we've made them for several years and we still lead the way on the Switchable programs. When the Xtreme is release there will be a few more suprises.

·
Registered
479 Posts
why would anyone want to drive with a stock program if the economy has better milage? O and this is a lot better news thanks steve!!!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Some complained about the "twitchy" throttle when trying to back up trailers with the 80HP setting on the ECM switchable tunes. The stock position would be ideal for this.

I don't have a need for a stock tune, but I can see where it might be handy.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
You really cant listen to these magazines, because you dont know what they are really doing.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I do believe that I spied a DP sticker on the back glass when it's on the dyno, did I not?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
so is the new mag out or what
what is on the cover i have a subscription but no mag yet

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
so is the new mag out or what
what is on the cover i have a subscription but no mag yet
:(Banks SuperDookie
The one they raced the Baja 1000 in.