Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TTPA street legal gas & diesel classes @ Great Lakes Nationals Truck & Tractor Pull

http://www.greatlakesnationals.com/
http://www.greatlakesnationals.com/page13.html

Quality Truck and Auto Accessories Street Legal Truck Pull
1:00 P.M. June 17th, 2006 at the Midland County Fairgrounds

Street Legal Gas Trucks (6000 lbs)
Street Legal Diesel Trucks (8000 lbs)

Attention truck owners. Are you tired of taking a back seat to classic cars, rice burners, and street racers? This contest is all about Tough Trucks! Bring your truck to the Midland County Fairgrounds on Eastman Ave. in Midland, Saturday June 17th. You will get the chance to hook on to the pulling sled and compete against the top trucks in the area. This will be a Thumb Tractor Pulling Association points pull.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You gonna pull there Micheal?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it's a TTPA points pull for our class. I'll be pulling with the TTPA all season to defend my 2005 points championship.

·
Registered
535 Posts
So why the change in rules from what TTPA has in there set?

Rules:

Trucks shall be street legal.
Trucks shall be driven to the contest.
* Trucks shall have valid registration and proof of insurance.
* Drivers shall have a valid drivers license.
* Trucks shall have street legal exhaust (no open headers).
* Trucks shall have DOT approved tires (no paddles, no pullers).
* Tires shall be no larger than 33".
* Hitch height shall be a maximum of 26".

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great! I'll be there to watch. Hope I can stop by in the pits and say hi. :thumb:

Yea, it's a TTPA points pull for our class. I'll be pulling with the TTPA all season to defend my 2005 points championship.

·
Registered
438 Posts
So why the change in rules from what TTPA has in there set?

Rules:

Trucks shall be street legal.
Trucks shall be driven to the contest.
* Tires shall be no larger than 33".

I thought the same thing? 33" tire max will be a problem for alot of people.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like the GLN pull/event has their own rules and doesn't realize the TTPA rules vary slightly. It's a points hook for us so I'll be following TTPA rules not the ones on the GLN pull/event website.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Gary just called me to let me know that he didn't realize we had a different size for the tire's, I think he was going to get the rule changed.

Drob answer your phone sometime, you might get some of the info before you have to ask silly questions???

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah the tire rule puts me out. How about the "Trucks must be driven to pull" I can drive my truck but would like to have a trailer incase it breaks again.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They updated the rules on the website. They still don't totally match the TTPA Street diesel rules but I imagine the TTPA rules will superscede these.

Rules:
* Trucks shall be street legal.
* Trucks shall be driven to the contest.
* 6000 lb gas truck tires shall be no larger than 33".
* 8000 lb diesel truck tires shall be no larger than 35".
* Trucks can not run propane, alcohol, or nitrous.

If you have any questions about this pull, you can email: [email protected] or [email protected]

Come out to Quality Truck and Auto Accessories on June 14. Z93 will be broadcasting live from 12 to 2 in the parking lot. There will be t-shirts and tickets given away. You can also purchase tickets for $2 off of the gate price.

Trucks must enter the June 17th at the Midland County Fairgrounds in Midland before 12:00. Drivers must demonstrate proof of valid registration and proof of insurance, must use DOT approved tires (no duallies). Trucks enter the pull at their own risk. Competitors can and do break their vehicles. In the unfortunate event that a vehicle breaks, ither Bay City Nationals, LLC, Quality Truck and Auto Accessories in Midland, Midland County Fairgrounds, or any one else associated with the Great Lakes Nationals is not responsible for any damage to competing vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts