Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone check to see if this TSB has been updated for/includes the '04's. I only see it listed for the '02's in ALLDATA.

Yea, I'm taking it back to the dealer, again! I quess they didn't think I would crawl under the truck. Looks like oil/fuel got on one of the cross members and stripped a bunch of the coating off. Skid plate (or what ever it's called) is also missing. I Hope they lost it and have to order a new one.

First they BS me, now they don't finish the job...sorry 3 strikes is 2 to many for me. Time to go some where else.

If anyone finds or has anything on the TSB, Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
958 Posts
<H1>Info - Application of Anti-Corrosion Materials #01-08-51-003</H1></TABLE>Application of Anti-Corrosion Materials

2002 and Prior Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks

After a collision, some vehicle components, such as rocker boxes or frame rails, may need to be repaired. In some cases, the removal of the anti-corrosion materials is necessary. These materials are classified as interior and exterior protectants. After extensive testing to the GMP9540P corrosion specification, which included the evaluation of 16 different products and 135 plaques, the following products have been selected to be used when repairing General Motors vehicles.

For interior application, a specially designed gun and wand must be used in order to perform a quality repair. These products are available as a kit through GM Dealer Equipment at 1-800-GM-TOOLS (1-800-468-6657) (Press 2 for supplies). For technical information, call 187-Permatex (1-877-376-2839). The exterior products are available in aerosol cans or quart cans. The application of the exterior protectant is done in the typical manner.Interior Protectant

The following products are available from GM Dealer Equipment (for technical information, call 187-Permatex [1-877-376-2839]):
<TABLE width="100%" border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TH vAlign=bottom align=middle>

Permatex Part Number</TH>

Description</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=center align=middle>

310-JDI-UCA1</TD>

Permatex Canister and Wand Assembly</TD></TR>
<TR>

310-81881</TD>

Permatex Amber Rust Proofing (24 oz) (Qty of 12)</TD></TR>
<TR>

310-81882</TD>

Permatex Amber Rust Proofing (1 gal)</TD></TR></T></TABLE>Exterior Protectants

The following product is available from *ECP, Inc. Contact them at 1-800-323-3521 or www.ecpinc.net.
<T>
<TR>

Part Number</TH>

Description</TH></TR>
<TR>

178660</TD>

Nox Rust X-121B (12 cans per case)</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

The following products are available from your local *3M® distributor (or call 1-800-521-8180, ext. 779-5165).
<T>
<TR>

3M Part Number</TH>

Description</TH></TR>
<TR>

08804</TD>

Water-Based Undercoat</TD></TR>
<TR>

08801</TD>

No Clean-Up Applicator Gun</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

*We believe these sources and their products to be reliable. There may be additional manufacturers of such material. General Motors does not endorse, indicate any preference for or assume any responsibility for the products from these firms or for any such items which may be available from other sources.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.