Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody heard any times from today?? or did the rain get them.?.....several in the 11.4 range yesterdayEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Just heard Tomac took 3rd in the top gun shootout
. 1st went to Jeff Garmon and 2nd was ts performance's truck. Awesome showing from Tomac and the dmax
as 1st and 2nd have alot more invested and more resources available to them. Looks like the dmax is clipping the heals of the cummins, won't be long now.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Dodge in first place?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
For that race yes. Could change at any time for upcoming events though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The purse was over 7k I believe?
Congrads to all the winners.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
What were the times?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Winner was 11.43, second was 11.46, 3rd tomac no time posted, 4th ford 7.3 with a 13 second flat run. If Tomac ran like he did last weekend he's only .5 second behind the 2 dodges. Not bad, considering the 2 that beat him are diesel performance business built trucks that probably have unlimited resources and funds, not an average joe truck that has nothing to do with the diesel performance industry. Congrats to the winners too, great times, and congrats to Tomac for hanging close to the big boys.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
MTomac being a privateer, that awsome. The futures so bright, I gota were shades. Super Diesel

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Mtomac, privateer race fund set up. Please send all donations to:

Mtomac Privateer Race Fund (He needs to enter his address). Then we can hook him up to win. Then he can be a sponsored privateer.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
GMC2500HD said:
Mtomac, privateer race fund set up. Please send all donations to:

Mtomac Privateer Race Fund (He needs to enter his address). Then we can hook him up to win. Then he can be a sponsored privateer.
If you guys are serious my email address for my paypal account is [email protected]

When I win the next race I'll be sure to thank the DieselPlace.com members for putting me the Duramax in the winners circle.

I have video of the event, I'll post it tomorrow. DuramaxRacing.com has 5GB of bandwith for May, so I'll be able to host the video.

BTW, I towed a 32' enclosed gooseneck trailer to the event, unhooked the "race truck" from the trailer, took 2nd in the Pro Street heads up class, 3rd in the shootout, then hooked the trailer back up and drove home.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Tomac- what were your times??? and mph???

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
my best run was a [email protected] in the PS finals

In the shootout I launched too hard and spun all 4 tires. I had my worst 60' time of the day and ran a 12.16

·
Registered
163 Posts
I swear, I hate weld wheels so bad. They made me miss saturday. I wanna pull my freakin hear out so bad. It's ok though. I finally got my wheels saturday and the truck is lifted and rollin HIGH. I'll be at Muncie this year. So, hopefully it'll make up for it. Congrates to all the winners.

-Chad-

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
mtomac- Very impressive times. Wish I would have made it here in time to see the races. I missed it by half a day. I was counting on rain Sat. If there is any way we can help you out, let me know.

·
Registered
360 Posts
mtomac ran impressively ALL DAY!!! And he did tow is BIG trailer there AND home.
If any of you have not seen his truck run, you are missing out.

One thing to clear up. The truck that won was privately owned. Darren Morrison is the owner and the only person "paying" to go fast. He came to Jeff Garmon to make it that way, so give Darren credit for a job well done. Darren actually built the motor himself based on specs Jeff provided and then when it was in, he brought it to Jeff to tune on my Dyno. I was very proud for Darren, just as I was for every other truck that ran down the track... Do'ers, not talkers.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Some bad a$$ trucks come from that Garmon stable. In case I missed it, It was a dodge right? You say, built the motor. what was done to it?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:
Some bad a$$ trucks come from that Garmon stable. In case I missed it, It was a dodge right? You say, built the motor. what was done to it?

Eric,

It was a 12V Dodge. The same one that I have the video of on my site from the last shop/dyno day. The truck belongs to Darren. Darren has spent the money and built the truck. It was tuned by Jeff Garmon and Darren on David's dyno. It has a custom pump, injectors, twins, etc. His power was all #2. It is not an unlimited funds truck either. Darren is just another dieselhead like the rest of us so the privateer thing that some others brought up before does not wash. Jeff Garmon really knows how to setup a Cummins to run.

That truck makes serious power for sure and they deserved the win after all the hard work that was put into making it run. I would have loved for a Duramax to win and I would have enjoyed being there to run too but it was not in the cards. Tomac made a strong showing for sure and CONGRATS to everybody who ran.

All I know is that Garmon's diesel makes a great contribution to the diesel performance sport for all of us.

·
Registered
360 Posts
With your racing skills Brandon, you would have come home with some extra cash for sure.

I agree, not too many people recognize what Jeff does. I'd bet he makes more HP per dollar than anyone on a 12v.

Eric - Darrens motor was re-built just because it had a ton of miles on it. He is running special piston's Jeff made to de-compress a bit. Other than that it is stock internally. The intention was to give him a high 11 second power and get him accustomed to that level. Then to low-mid 11's, then shoot for the 10's. We'll see what happens...

I put Darrens time slip on my site. www.dieselperformancemotorsports.com

I've added a download link to Jeff's 10.22 video.Edited by: DavidTD

1 - 20 of 63 Posts