Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys a new here but i got alot of questions firts one is anyone know anything bout the Ts performance chips? need soem info on them anythign will help thanks...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Funny you should mention it.

I just installed the 100 hp single page chip. code TEE5, I know they say the max you can get out of the injectors is 75. I did the down pipe and half of my exhaust at the same time.

I got to drive about 800 miles this weekend. Initial impressions. it is a very good chip. Not sure if you have an auto or manual, but I have the E4OD. At 60mph, it feels like it is in drive not overdrive, the feel of the chip is pretty obvious. From the first touch of the throttle you can see an improvemnet. I see a little black smoke, not a ton. It looks like I gained 2 mpg. Hard to say for sure until I get back to summer fuel, but it sure looks like it. It would give a 460 or V10 a run before, Now I don't think I would have any problem walking right away from them. The passing power on the highway is were I noticed the biggest improvement. I haven't wound it out all the way yet, but have got to 25psi on the boost guage. I am not towing, and ambient temp was around 35 degrees, the EGT's will get to 1,250, but you have to be lugging the motor. Since I added the downpipe at the same time, I didn't see any increase in EGT's, they are actually lower, and don't climb as fast. I am sure I could keep going on, It will turn the tires over with little effort. I have a GV overdrive, It was a dog at 70mph before, but now it feels more like overdrive. The truck has really woken up.

Downsides, well, stop and go traffic, as soon as the IVS clicks off, the truck wants to go, there is no easing the throttle, it wants to achieve 1,500 rpm right now, no easy starts. They can probably be adjusted with the TPS though. Next I had a very hard shifting transmission, (sonnex, and tricumulator setup) the chip softened the shifts, and if your not getting after it, when it hits 3rd, it locks the convertor, then unlocks it, feels real funny. It idles a little different, but not in a bad way.

Got the chip off Ebay, it was like $210 to my door. Most guys will try to steer you away from a single page, but I thought for that price,and my first chip I would give it a shot.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well no muffler will help. Do you have any gauges?

If not that is the place to start. Next, most chips recomend a new downpipe, one that is round, not the factory half flat thing, also losing the catalytic convertor will help. With set of gauges you can run a chip without more exhaust mods, it will tell you when you are too hot. if you are too hot, then you need to do more exhaust work.

With a chip you run the risk of running over 1250 degrees exhaust temp. that is the magical number when stuff starts to burn up. The less restriction in the exuast the cooler it will run. If you reach a point that the exhaust still won't keep it cool enough you can put on an open element intake filter, if that doesn't work, then you need to add an intercooler. Most chips will not require such measures, but if you are looking to make big horsepower, then you will need them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
powerstroke7.3 said:
hey guys a new here but i got alot of questions firts one is anyone know anything bout the Ts performance chips? need soem info on them anythign will help thanks...

I can help you out with any questions you might have about TS.I sent you a PM.

Depending on what you do with your truck or how you use it and what upgrades you might have will say how much power you might or can gain.

Let me know if I can help you more..Thanks,John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Many many guys, especially in the HIGH horsepower levels, are running the TS Performance chips now. Dennis Perry (owner of TS) is one of the best programmers in the U.S., so you really can't go wrong with a TS chip.

One thing I have done..is learned through the years, as I started out with a U.S. Gear single chip, then went to a Superchips chip (both where "tow" programmed 40 - 50 HP) and after buying these two chips, I wouldn't tell anybody wanting a chip to go with a single burn chip! The "flip" chip (4 page, meaning it will work on basically all PCM calibrations) either in 3 postion or 4 position) is really the only way to go. Sure it will cost you more, but since I've gone through 2 chips already, and my next will be a flip chip...I've learned my lesson!

True, you can only get about 75 HP from ANY chip you purchase, because of the stock injectors holding you back from any more power than that. Of course, there are several great companies out there in which you can purchase "aftermarket" injectors now, which will give gobs more power than you can get from stock injectors. Its the stock injectors that actually holds the Powerstroke back from it's potential, as it can run all day at 400+ HP, with guys now reaching for 700 HP with their 7.3 Powerstroke Diesels with twin turbos and drugs.

Of course, all this costs money, and the first issue of the day is to get your transmission into a "fit" condition, to be able to handle the kind of power you want to end up with in the end. I personally want to get to the 450 HP level at some point, so I'm working my mods towards that goal eventually, and it's actually a very achieveable goal, as many many guys are well past that now.

There are specific mods you can do, working...one mod at a time, to achieve a higher HP output, and I've added an IDM mod (more voltage to the injectors), an open air intake (TYMAR), 3" downpipe to 5" exhaust, gauges, Superduty intercooler installed, and propane injection.

Sorry for getting off topic, but overall, the TS flip chip is one of the better chips on the market today!

PS2000

·
Registered
11 Posts
POWERSTROKE2000

How have you been??Are you ready to get that HPOP yet???

Have you figured out who this is yet???

Starts with a Jjee######

Take care,talk at ya later..

·
Registered
2 Posts
what are you talking about? "you can't get more than 75hp with stock injectors", that's not true at all, look at the dyno runs where people are making over 320hp with just a TS chip

·
Registered
11 Posts
Asadoorian/BluePSD said:
what are you talking about? "you can't get more than 75hp with stock injectors", that's not true at all, look at the dyno runs where people are making over 320hp with just a TS chip

Asadoorian: If you look at the posts closely you will notice that the 75hp is referred to the early PSD's 95-97. The limiting factor to these engines were/are the injectors.So before you go yelling at people take another look at things,OK

As far as the 99 and up PSD's yes 320hp is easily obtained..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep...correct! The early Powerstrokes injectors produce 90 - 95cc's of fuel per 1000 cylinder strokes. The Super Duties (split shots) produce closer to 140cc's of fuel, thus the difference in maximum HP levels between the two engines.

I think starting in '01 at some point though, International put PM rods in the Powerstroke, whereas the early Powerstrokes came with forged rods. The forged rods stand up better to higher Horsepower. PM rods are good to about 400 HP by what I've been reading, but if you want to go more, you should have forged rods.

Dale

·
Registered
290 Posts
TS is the PowerStokers Friend

1 - 11 of 11 Posts