·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the better of the two?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I've had good luck with truetrac, but never tried the other.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I didn't even know there was two different lockers available. What is the difference between the two?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just ordered a truetrac so ill tell you how i like in about a week

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
not sure, but i think the true trac is simmilar to the dodge unit

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Anyone have a link to the differences between the two? I'm planning on doing something before summer.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dmaxlover;1578832; said:
I didn't even know there was two different lockers available. What is the difference between the two?
one is a Eaton/Detroit the other is made my Torsen

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I had a Detroit True trac in my 04 Silvy and it was awesome! Very Heavy duty unit. Youll find that most all posi's despite the name are made by eaton corp.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
ZR1160;1581115; said:
one is a Eaton/Detroit the other is made my Torsen
Hmmm. When I emailed Eaton asking about a detroit style locker for the 11.5, they told me they made nothing for any of the AAM axles. This was about a month ago.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a Detroit TrueTrac

Great onroad manners, locked em up when roastin' the tires, but lift one offf the ground and you're stuck like it's an open diff.

It's a clutchless posi so it won't wear out and it's got a good lockup abililty.

Dunno about the other.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
There are only 3 diffs made for our trucks. The AAM TracRite GT(Dodge, truetrac/torsen style),TracRite LK(stock G80), and the TracRite open. No aftermarket company makes anything as of yet,ARB and Tractech(Detroit) are supposd to have something in the works though.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
i was told that arb has a part # for one, but thats it

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yeah,thats about all I hear too.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
So how well does the Torsen work in compared to the g80 off road. The g80 in mine will pop out of lock before the tire even comes off the ground when im out crawlin around in the cinders out here or over rocks and stuff

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
i got what ever randy's ring and pinion sold. i have places that i can lift a back tire, will see how she handles it

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
yeah cause in need somethin that is better than what i got for off road. Tryin to get back into some places to get our race rhino can be a ***** when this damn locker doesnt work

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
What Randy's sells is the Dodge torsen style diff. It will still go peg-leg if you lift a tire, but it's leaps and bounds above the stock G80. If you want true 4wd you need real lockers or spools. No limited slip, posi or G80 wanna be locker is ever going to give you that.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
how hard is a spool or locker on a "Sunday" driver....i know you wouldnt want to drive it everyday but just the typical drive to the track and sunday driver would it tare stuff up....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts