Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the new power from my Juice and Attitude, But my truck wouldn't start the other day. I had just returned from a 200 mile trip unloaded cruise set about 65mph. After I got home I waited til the egt's were down to around 300 at idle then cut the truck off. I came back to it about 30 min later and it wouldn't start. on the third try it fired and ran smooth.The check engine light stayed on for a three mile then i cut the truck off and restarted it. the light went off and has stayed off. That was three days ago and no problems since. I was running the Edge on level one and have only went to level five one time just to see what it would do. By the way Holy Crap. that was 6000 lbs moving like that. But back to my question

I've read about similar problems but can't remember if anyone talked about what was causing the problems. Without my code reader I don't Know what the computer put the engine light on for. Anyone found a reason for this with a similar problem

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
When I first installed it mine did the same thing. I had bent 2 of the edge pins.

It sounds like some of the pins are loosing contact or have an intermittent contact.

I see this with computers once in a while. You have to remove ram/cpu's/daughter cards to re-seat them.

They work fine after that.

You might want to pull all connectors and reseat them.

JMO

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ditto.... Except I removed the juice and took it to dealer, tech is the one who found bent pins. Opps, Service writer asked me "what is the velcro on the fuse box for"? Simple answer in my case since my truck was pre owned. "I dont know, it was that way when I bought it".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.