Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK

so....my rebuilt suncoast transmission just got put back in the truck. The shop started it up, the truck ran, the wheels turned (IT DIDNT BLOW UP!!! I REBUILT IT CORRECTLY WOOHOO!!!!:D ) BUT they shut it off and now cant get it started. Just turns over and wont fire. I asked them if it fires for a second and then stalls (PASSlock/security issue) and they said no, so I dont think its a security system issue. I am stuck at home (no way to get to tranny shop) so until I can get my dad to drive me over in an hour, im just gonna be at home here flipping out. They said the tank was pretty low, but they put about 5 gallons of fuel in (I didnt want to insult their intellegance by asking did you put DIESEL in, but ill smell the tank anyway when I go over). I have a Tech 2 so I can look at everything...im hoping its just a loss of prime issue. Its happend ONCE before. No start, I go give acouple pumps of the primer, and it fires right up. It happend when I was low on fuel. BUT....anyone else have any ideas? Would a disconnected/faultilly installed transmission/BAD NSBU switch cause a no-start??! helppp please!!

--BEN

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
There is no much they could have done to cause it not to start besides puncturing a fuel line or something.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
How long has it been sitting? I'll bet you lost prime.

·
Registered
47 Posts
try unpluging the edge i had a custmer that had a crank no start he unpluged the edge it start it up

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright ill try all those things when I get over there....I also ahve my Tech 2 so I can check rail pressure when its cranking. thanks everyone!!! Makes me feel a little better..just talked to Eric and he said its most likely loss of prime, which makes sense...

---Ben

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Could the NSB switch, or whatever they call it, be causing a problem. If the engine "thinks" it's not in P or N then no start??????????????

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahh all fixed!!! Just needed to be primed....thanks everyone!

--ben

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but shouldn't your lift pumps have primed the system.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Would you go drive that thing allready...................... :D

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im out for now!!

maybe ill be back later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts