Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric

I went over and talked to the techs working on my truck they say its a fuel pressure problem. They can get it to start if they prime it manually but as soon as they give it more gas it dies they still dont know why
any suggestions?

Thanks

Shaydog

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Talked to the Dmax tech again today I was pissed off because my truck has been just sitting there. They have looked at it but there is only one Dmax tech and there were 2 cars before me so I have to wait. He says it will go in tomorrow he is going to take the valve covers off to check the injectors its loosing fuel pressure and that's what they think is causing it. The bad news is injectors are on national backorder they are being built to order it will take weeks to get them in this sucks.

Shaydog

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
shaydog24 said:
The bad news is injectors are on national backorder they are being built to order it will take weeks to get them in this sucks.

Shaydog
We have 19 on the shelf as of today. Let me know if they need one, we can "sprint" them to your dealer.

Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric thanks allot if that turns out to be the problem I will let them know.

Shaydog

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just had my truck towed to another dealer 15 miles down the road these jerks at my local dealership have let my truck sit for 4 days now
I have had enough. I went over there and said I was going to have it towed to another dealship and they said OK they did not even care screw them from now on it goes to the other dealship.

Shaydog

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Your frusrations are very common I think. I have had them sit for a few long days ata time but usually are waiting for parts. Some oddball parts are hard to get as they are ship direct from Bosch or Isuzu. Not stocked by the SPO system that we normally get parts from.

Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well this other dealer did not mess around I towed it there on Friday the started on it Saturday. They called me Monday morning to tell me they were working on it then the tech called me around noon to tell me they think it ran out of gas. They could not get it to start at first they hooked up some machine to check the injectors and when they turned it over it started and it has run fine ever since. I cant believe it I guess the juice might have had something to do with it (I did not tell them that) because the computer said 40 miles until empty and they gauge showed a little les then a quarter tank. Anyway all I know is this dealership rocks they did what the said and kept me informed on what was going on and it seems like they really care about getting me back on the road. The tech & the manager want to put some miles on it to be sure but I think I will get my baby back tomorow

Shaydog

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Thats good to hear. The mileage computer can be thrown out the window when using the Juice, Its no longer accurate. Your fuel gauge should be though.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts