Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Sounds like you limped it.Have you checked your fuel filter?Fill out a sig so we know something about your truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine did the same thing this weekend. On a warm restart it stumbled and idled like it was only running on 4 Cyl. I drove 20 miles home, turned the truck off and re-started and it ran fine. Saturday it ran fine all day and Sat. night it did it again. Sunday morning on a cold start it was still ideling rough. I put a new filter in and today its been fine. Its too early to tell if this was the issue so I've got it at the dealership now - I'll let you know what they say.
The old filter had something loose in it (WIF sensor removed) that I could hear ratteling around when I shook it. The new filter did not.
Problem couldn't have been waxing or gelling because of how intermittant it was.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Fill out your sig so we know what year your truck is. If it was a trans code you probably limped it but it could be multiple things. Could also be and injector rub if its and lly etc. and also the fuel filter. You can get home if you barely gas it and it should go up slowly. Let us know and then we can help you out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had this intermitant problem also. It turned out to be a fuel line sensor, problem solved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks but I know its not the fuel filter because I drove it last night to the dealership and it ran fine. They called me today and they dont know whats wrong, cause it is running fine now. I have a stock tuned LBZ 06

·
Registered
265 Posts
thanks but I know its not the fuel filter because I drove it last night to the dealership and it ran fine. They called me today and they dont know whats wrong, cause it is running fine now. I have a stock tuned LBZ 06
It's not the fuel filter.. it's the fuel rail sensor.

·
Registered
35 Posts
PO191 was the code according to the service invoice. They loaded some updates, replaced the steering gear box, Steering shaft, LF axle seal, transmission cooler lines and something the radiator but nothing specifically with the issue I was having.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my 03. It ended up being the fuel injector control module. You never know when it was going to happen either thats the worst part about it.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
you limped it pry low rail pressure

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
ditto ..fuel rail sensor...maybe fuel filter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts