Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a truck usage survey and they are asking questions like how do I use my truck, how much do I haul, how much do I tow, what is the max that I have hauled or towed, what is the average wt of the things hauled or towed. They ask how I drive my truck, sent pictures of uneven dirt roads, rough pavement, washboard roads, rocky roads, flat dirt roads, open fields, steep hills /mountain roads, snowy/icy roads and the list goes on.

The company doing the asking say they are doing it to help mfgs make better trucks for us. I wonder whether the insurance companies and the police agencies will look at the data to decide whether they can make some money if the responses show we are overloading or towing over our CGVW rating. :badidea:

Anybody know anything about this and how it will really be used? OBTW, they give you a dollar bill to do the survey.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I got one of those a few years ago, I answered it simi-truthfully; I've acceded tow ratings once or twice, but didn't let them know that. The $1 is a great incentive too.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Rttoys said:
I got one of those a few years ago

Yes, I too did that survey. I gave them numbers close to the maximums, but not admitting to overloads that I have done a couple of times. They asked questions like highway speeds and such... Must have made a difference, I see 6 speed Allisons with a criusing "sweet spot" of 75 MPH, (that was my answer to the survey).

·
Registered
897 Posts
I say make the overloads rediculous. say 80,000 lbs towing. Also say it would be more economical to replace the big rigs with 1/2 tons for those trailers. etc etc etc

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
you dont want to incriminate your self!!!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I say make the overloads rediculous. say 80,000 lbs towing. Also say it would be more economical to replace the big rigs with 1/2 tons for those trailers. etc etc etc

and wait until you have a warranty issue, they will decline you.....................................................:eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts