Diesel Place banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
03 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC shortbox

Pulling 30' 04 Prowler Regal w/slide.

Best guess trailer running about 10k. Using the Pull-Rite Superglide hitch. For those of you with short boxes, the superglide is the cats meow. Automatic slider on turns, allows 90deg or better without getting out of the truck. No worries about crunching the cab.

·
Registered
276 Posts
02 2500 CC D/A 4x4 Totally stock.

We pull a 32' Corsica Cobra with a 14' slide. Weighs in at about 10K loaded. During the summer months, we pull an 18' boat behind it all. We also have a PullRite 16K SuperGlide automatic sliding hitch.

I would TOTALLY echo what VFRRider said about the SuperGlide hitch. I had a long box Dodge before this truck, and I got spoiled with that fifth wheel setup. You never had to worry about the camper hitting the truck especially when you were backing. I was originally going to just get a Reese sliding hitch, but I opted instead for the automatic SuperGlilde. I would NOT change it for anything. It's the ONLY way to go with a short box pickup.

I also have pics in my sig with the camper jackknifed. While I do NOT do this on a regular basis (I don't do this at all), I did it just this once for the pictures. For what it's worth, my fifth wheel does NOT have an extended pin either.

Here's a pic...

Edited by: CADman_ks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Tug is in signature. Prodigy controller (Man I love that thing!)

So far just a 26' Kit 5th wheel or a 16' lowboy car hauler with whatever needs to be hauled on it. Also a 10,600# bumper pull trailer for a few miles in Montana.

The Kit has been sold and shopping is in progress for a newer, bigger, better 5th wheel (one that could not be towed by the '91).

Towing with this truck makes me wonder why I thought the '91 did OK?
I'll probably never hook anything heavier than the empty car hauler behind the '91 again.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I forgot to mention in my post that I have the Prodigy controller as well.

Man I love that thing!!!

It really works slick, and it's not really a lot of money compared to some of the other setups...

cadman_ks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here is my Rig. 2001 CC 4X4 Shorty bed.

24 ft United Racers Sp. Custom finished with all the things of home with 2 motorcycles in the back, ready to ride when camp is set up.
Total wt. 16,800.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Current tow rig:

'03 2500HD 4x4 ext cab SLE D/A

Previous rigs:

'02 2500HD 4x4 ext cab LS 6.0

'00 2500 4x4 ext cab LS 6.0

'94 S-10 ZR2, great off road truck!

Curently towing a tiny 7-14 enclosed with 2 dragbikes inside, or pulling jet skis, or snowmobiles, or my buddies 24ft enclosed hauler with my Mustang inside it!

I bought my D-max since i plan to upgrade to a 24-30ft enclosed car hauler with 10-12 ft of living quarters in the front to make the race tracks a little more enjoyable in the summer, (plus $12k off the sticker really helped!) Plus after riding in my buddies D/A with juice and D-maximizer stacked running high 13's at 5500ft+ altitude i was sold on the potential of deisel power!Edited by: gsxr1216

·
Registered
210 Posts
Current rig is a 36 foot, 13,300 (CAT Weighed) KZ New Vision Ultra 5th wheel trailer.

I tow with the Hot Juice in the 90 HP level or the Quad in the 110 HP level. EGTs are watched closely.

Edited by: RV Guy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I tow a 36' enclosed tri axle 21000lb work trailer hauling nothing but equipment. This is one heavy trailer. I ran the scales once at 30+(including everything.) Needless to say I took out some equipment ...hehehe...now she only weighs 29+.

2001 Duramax 70k+ miles Crew Cab with 15k Winch

2003 Duramax 10k+ miles Reg CAb

Oh yea all my trucks are 3500. Anyone towing over 10k should have a dually other wise there are unsafe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just purchased a single 11' 3 seater JetSki
. I get some odd looks from people when they see a dually pulling that little thing. I did not buy it to pull anything in particular. People ask me "what do you tow with that big truck" I tell 'em "WHAT EVER I WANT"

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

This is picture of trailer I pull with my duramax. each axle is rated at 7140lbs. I usually have the trailer loaded with 20k of stuff inside. It is very heavy.

www.transportdesigns.com they custom built the trailer!

·
Registered
351 Posts
My

Current ride is in sig-Tows a 8.5 x 20 enclosed car trailer.

01' 3500 D/A....sold with 123,000 miles........53ft Take 3, heaviest load=2 ECSB 4x4's and 1 Suburban.....just under 32,000 lbs gross.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice Avatar Maverick.

cadman_ks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Avatar?????? I know, I'm a pirate. Its kind of unfitting now since I only own a GMC.

Hoot...yours is a CC right?

Just got a job offer today working in a warehouse as a forklift driver 2nd shift. Guess I'll be a late nighter soon.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Maverick said:
Avatar?????? I know, I'm a pirate. Its kind of unfitting now since I only own a GMC.

Hoot...yours is a CC right?

Just got a job offer today working in a warehouse as a forklift driver 2nd shift. Guess I'll be a late nighter soon.
Yea it's a Crew but besides that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Maverick,

You've got a PM...

cadman_ks

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.