Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Army supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom and had to park my truck 2002 DMAX for next 12 months. I changed oil 300 miles ago,fuel filter 4k ago. I did use fuel additive in tank and it has about 1/2 tank and is parked in my garage. My concern is algae growth in fuel system or engine. Should I worry even though I cannot do anything to it right now?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
what are the conditions of the storage it is. Heated? Does alot of mositure seem to get in there, either in the air or throught the ground(i have that problem in my snowmobile barn,old cement floor& nothing seperating it from the ground=major moisture problems come spring time...) anyways....is there anyone around there that could/and you trust them to take it out a couple days a month and run it?? If you can, Id try to keep the tank as low as possible, then have said person fill it up w/as much as they need to drive around. Thus helping to keep it fresh. Sorry i dont got more to add, but im sure many othere will be able to give you some better pointers....
Thanks for giving up your time/job/family and anything else to go overseas and fight for the country.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts