Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright i searched for a bit and didnt really find a good answer I was looking for

my truck is a 2003 LB7 with volant air intake 5 inch mbrp turbo back exhaust and a bully dog programmer without the outlook monitor at the moment.......Mag hytech deep dish tranny pan and amsoil synthetic fluid and a new fuel filter approx 500 miles on it

I was set on extreme the 100 horse setting trying to show up the old man in his LBZ and I was at WOT (wide open throttle) at about 90 mph and the truck automatically backed off the throttle on its own........like it defueled but I was in 5th gear??? no error codes thrown because i checked it when i got home and the truck ran and operated fine after that and I got into it heavy again on the way home to see if I could duplicate the same thing no luck just wondering what this is thanks

-jake
central massachusetts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Do you have the stock rev limiter turned off with the Bullydog? Seems like thats your problem, but you can't dupicate it again? How many miles on your fuel filter?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how would i know about the stock rev limiter not sure if i turned it off on the initial programing of the bully dog the fuel filter has 500 miles on it

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
how would i know about the stock rev limiter not sure if i turned it off on the initial programing of the bully dog the fuel filter has 500 miles on it
Since you didn't adjust it with the Bullydog. It should still be there then. The truck should shut off around ~95MPH from the factory. If you get another shot, try again and see if it does it again. Becareful though, You don't want to limp your tranny with the higher added horsepower. Take it easy on the 4-5 shift. The stock allison don't like you adding to much to it, it can slip, and eventually if you do it enough, it will cost more damage. Therefore requireing to tear it apart and replace clutches, etc..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i see yeah the limiter on the speed is gone ive been over 95 im not sure i do know after doing some research that highway speeds is not a good place to really rag on a stock trans so maybe i will just keep that in respect until i can afford the suncoast rebuild

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still dunno why it kinda feel on its face though....................:help2:

·
Registered
335 Posts
im gonna say you either limped it, or it de-fueled you.

word of advice.... Id get the outlook to monitor your EGTs. you would be shocked to see how high they can get doing a wot run like that.. like 1600+

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advice i think ill leave it on stock till i get the outlook monitor installed it definitly felt like it de fueled the truck :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts