Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is probably something simple. When I have my heat on, and Im driving down the road my heater whistles like a teapot. While driving if I turn the heat up the teapot noise increases. If I am stopped it still stays, but isnt as loud. Once my truck is warmed up it just disappears.

I remember reading somewhere about a TSB for something along these lines, like cold feet, and needing to replace a gasket in the firewall around the heater core, or the heater fan. Its definitely sounds like a slight air leak, whatcha think?

Bill

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Tea time ???

Mine was a little noise at start up but quickly quieted this morning ....

Make sure vents are clear in cowl and pull blower motor to insure basket isn't full of chit .....
Prolly your filters are clogged with nicotine,nother posibility .....

Mac

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nicotine will void your warranty.By letting someone smoke in your vehicle gives a GM dealer employee the right to refuse to enter due to unsafe work area
Had same problem Bill removed dark grey filters replaced with new, problem fixed.I am always in dusty conditions and think at least once a year they should be changed.What a differance in air flow. Edited by: nobull1

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well now if it is the same noise my 03 makes it is a high pressure air leak from the HVAC box. Had mine to the dealer where they replaced the blower motor which wasn't the problem. Then they kept it for another day to reseal the HVAC box. Picked it up and it was quiet, next morning the noise was back but left as soon as the heater warmed the box up. Now it is just there all the time and gets louder the faster you drive ( more outside air press ) It does get a little irritating after a while. Of course if I turn up the radio more I do not hear it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do the 2003 have the air flters in the cab anymore?
I had a 2000 , when I changed the filters after about 1 1/2 years they were really nasty. What stops the trash when there are no filters?

Billy

·
Registered
448 Posts
bsiler said:
I had a 2000 , when I changed the filters after about 1 1/2 years they were really nasty. What stops the trash when there are no filters?

Billy

1. No filters any more

2. Nothing

·
Registered
463 Posts
bsiler said:

Billy

Nose hairs!

Kevin

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it is only when really cold, but when she starts throwing heat its normal. Im going to change my filters again. But it seems as if it may be a sealing problem that goes away when cold

(stuff contracts ie loses seal) And then expands when warm...ie seal works again?.

Probably clogged with nicotine,Mackins diesel fuel
, and some other odds and ends...Ill try that first.

Thanks Gents

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts