Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought chevy end of dec. and have 8800 miles on it. when i hit a bump it feels like the rear end is going to fall out. it slams hard as the suspension does not cycle. my friend just bought a duramax cc 4wd and his rides 100 times better with on 30 miles on it. same truck 2500hd mine is 2wd. if i push down on his bumper it's alot softer. so we looked at the leafs and i didn't measure them, but mine clearly are thicker. same amount of leafs. what gives?? should i take it back to dealer? thanks steve

·
Registered
612 Posts
in '02 when we were looking for a truck we test drove many different trucks and found (for us) a 3500 had a better ride than 2500's ... in part, think that was due to 3500's have 3 stage springs and 2500's haveing 2 stage, so when you his some humps on a 2500 it goes right to the heaviest duty springs ... have two friends who have '04 2500's and both ride much better than the ones we tested back in '02 ... have heard it said that the longer/heavier the truck (crew cab instead of regular cab, long bed instead of short bed) the better they ride

Jim

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you have the OEM shocks - this may be part of your problem. I put on a set of Bilsteins and the rear wheels "stick down" better.

2004 GMC 2500HD EC LB D/A (LB7); GMC bed liner;Air Lift Super Duty air bags; Michelin LT265/75-R16 LTX M/S ;Luverne Running boards; Bilstein shocks; Delvac 1300; Isspro gauges.<SUP></SUP>

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, i'll give shocks a try

1 - 4 of 4 Posts