Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight. I am thinking about getting a D/A CC in the next 6 months and was thinking new vs. used. New would be expensive, but I could pull it off if I sell my Blue Beast. (1990 Z71 sportside reg. cab 350 6" lift 33" BFG A/T) And also I work at a place the provides GM with parts, so I would qualify for that discount. So my question is how much would a new Silverado 2500HD D/A CC LT? (roughly, I know the options add up quick.) And would there really be a benefit to buying new vs used (~30,000 miles)? Thanks is advance.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
If it was me I would buy new. Depends on where you want to go with your finances though. I like the new LLY engine.

I'm out of touch with todays pricing. My 2001 GMC SLE Crew/SB listed at 42,000 and change. Paid 39 even. I had no incentives at all when I bought mine so you should be able to do pretty darn good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
List on my 2002 SLE was $40,667, Paid invoice($36,003) less $2002 rebate and $1500 GM card credits. Out the door at $32,501. You should as well or better with the extra supplier rebate.

Steve

·
Registered
939 Posts
My 03 GMC SLT with darn near every option was just under $49k MSRP, I got 'em to sell it to me for $42,500 plus tax.... add the $2k in rebates when I bought it, my downpayment, and I did pretty good!!

Bob

·
Registered
125 Posts
The sticker on my LOADED 2004 LT Short-bed 4x4 Crew Cab was just over $48K. I walked out with it for right at $40K, but nearly $2,000 of the discount was due to my GM Card points.

I bought it on Veteran's Day when the rebates were running at $2500, plus they had one of their "Power Pack" discounts - another $1000 off, plus whatever it was they gave me as a discount, plus my GM Card savings.

As part of the deal, I had them throw in a Dura-liner bedliner, Westin chrome step-bar, and the window vent shades for all four windows.

Maybe not the best car-deal (I couldn't buy it at GMS which you can), but I was ok with it.

I know that if you go to Chevy's website, you can 'build' the truck right there on the net, and it will give you the price for each option, plus a total.

I like my '04 a lot - no regrets whatsoever about buying it (although it cost nearly twice what I paid for my first house back in 1974).

Chris in NC

Edited by: NCMax

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just bought a 2004 LS D/A CC with the Supplier pricing. I looked at several, was shown the invoice by most dealers, and did all the figures. Most amounted to about $5000 off MSRP for the Supplier pricing, then take whatever rebates are at the time off of that. Supplier price came out to a few hundred below invoice on most I saw. Supplier pricing is figured off of invoice though, not MSRP, and printed on the invoice, but this will give you a very good ballpark to work with when looking at prices.

Mine was $43599 - $1000 HD Power Pack for $42599 MSRP, got it for $37469 Supplier, - $3500 Rebate, - Trade, + Tax, Tags, Title = $29032 and change out the door. Included full tank of fuel and free first oil change and service.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My 02, CC, 3500 LT, loaded with almost every option, listed for $45,009. I paid around $42k out the door, with no rebates. I had a $2k trade/GM card points.

Kevin

P.S. The price goes up after you buy the truck!
Mods, accessories, programmers, The cotton pickin' list is endless! lol

·
Registered
444 Posts
Here in NJ, It's next to impossible to find a used DA. Once owned they are kept a LONG TIME.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I was fortunate to find a used 2003 D/A, CC, SB, LT with 2200 miles on it for $37600. I had been looking at a few new ones on the lot, and a salesman asked me if I would be interested in a used one that was just like new. The guy that bought this one new takes care of his aging mother, and it was just high enough she had a hard time getting in and out of it. I felt this is a once in a lifetime chance. Usually if you see a used D/A on a lot it has over 150K on it or is in rear bad shape. I would go for a new one unless I ran into the deal I got again.Edited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
My 2002 was $42,879.00

GMS price was $37,668.00

Overdrive Rebate was $2002.00

GM Gas Tank Settlement Voucher $1000.00

So I paid $34,666.00.

Trade in was paid for as well and was good for $14,000.00.

$20,666.00 Financed -- >> plus tax when I bought mine.

T
NY

I just Purchased a new 2003 Tahoe in September as well, a used 2002 with 35K miles was $29,995.

I got a 2003 LS with a lot of options which stickered for $43,000.00 for just about $30,500.00 after GMS Discounts and a $6,000 Rebate as well as another Gas Tank Voucher for $500.00 more off.

So for roughly $500 more I am in a Brand new vehicle rather than used.........

Ask for a GM in the Driveway Certificate if anyone has one..Howard and other members have them available or did.

Good Luck to you............

Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I work for GM so I get the GMS discount and the local dealers usually want to trade w/ me every 6-10 months so they can get the used trucks, I normally get what I paid for it on trade.

My 8th D/A should be in this week, but got to get a Chevy this time
and have him order me a GMC
in spring and get the LLY.

The dealer usually has my truck SOLD before he gets it back.

I've also got trucks for friends, drive 6 months and trade/sell through the dealer, so they buy it at my trade cost and I get the sales tax reduction and they get a good deal.

Since the 'In the driveway cards' lets everyone buy for 4% over our cost my friends are better off buying new right now.

Loaded GMC SLT CC LB $47,000+ (toooo many trucks to remember

GMS $40,000+ My cost w/ rebates/GM card money <$37,000.

Hey if u want to buy a used sport red Chevy in 6 months come to Ohio and u can have mine.

·
Registered
391 Posts
My 3500 was 40k, got it for 33k.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I bought my '02 this past Sept. Had 31K miles on it in stock condition. GMC from Chevy dealer. Warranties still valid. Great condition. $25K.

Makes payments less (did have F**d trade-in) and saves $ for upgrades and accessories!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts