Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delivery ? I did the deal for a new Sierra 3500 day before yesterday [ Saturday ] and was told it would actually be ordered today....so what's the latest on delivery's ? How long on average has it been taking to get a truck ? I am talking about from order date to delivery at the dealer ? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I ordered my new truck (04 Silverado LT CC/LB D/A) on saturday (3/27), and my sales rep guestimated 6 weeks. I've been hearing around here it might be more like 8 weeks. We'll see. I'm going to pry the TPW and Sales order number out of my rep as soon as I can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cougar281 said:
I ordered my new truck (04 Silverado LT CC/LB D/A) on saturday (3/27), and my sales rep guestimated 6 weeks. I've been hearing around here it might be more like 8 weeks. We'll see. I'm going to pry the TPW and Sales order number out of my rep as soon as I can.

Cougar, it will be interesting to see who gets their truck first...keep in touch.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
seehunt,

No glitches and you're looking about 8 weeks. Cougar will most likely get his Bowtie before you get yours. Chevys are usually about 6 weeks.

Mine took 10 weeks but that included the 10 day Christmas break the assembly plants take and the change over to the LLY engine.

Got your tranquilizers?......
Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
126 Posts
9 weeks and still waiting
Now it's lost!!!!!! called Howard and he's checking it out. Edited by: Leatherman

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine is finally here today.....Got the call at 10:30. Will be ready by 4:00.

Ordered it Feb 14th...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KTDURAMAX said:
Mine is finally here today.....Got the call at 10:30. Will be ready by 4:00.

Ordered it Feb 14th...

Hey KTDuramax...wow, that's a bit over 6 weeks from order to delivery....maybe the factory has shifted into high gear ? Anyway, congratulations and I hope my Sierra is delivered as fast as yours was.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Just stopped at my dealer this morning to pick up my mother's Olds, and asked about my truck. According to their computer, it's still scheduled to be built next week, and it is getting the dual alts I ordered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered mine on 3/19. Target production week of 4/26. Hoping delivery will get it here no later than the second week of May. Edited by: jjs3788

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I ordered a GMC on april 10th and got a may 10 tpw.

So we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
A little birdie just told me that my truck was shipped on 4/20... Now just gotta wait for it to get here..

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered mine, a Silverado Crew Cab Duramax short bed, January 23 and had one significant delay that was said to be a supplier problem, possibly the sliding rear window option. The original TPW was March 8 which was changed to April 5. My truck was built April 6 and shipped April 15. It should be unloaded from the train April 22 and delivered to the dealer shortly after. With good luck, I should finally see it this Friday, April 23, a total of 3 months. With bad luck I should see it Monday, April 26. I can hardly wait!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts