Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my truck the TPW was 04/05 and was expected to be delivered on 04/19. Went in to the dealer on 04/09 and they told me that it would not be here til May 3, 2004.

So I went home not real happy, but then my sales man called a few days later to tell me that it was comming in early, around 04/13. That day came and still no truck, talked to them today and now they think it will be here next Tuesday the 27th.
I asked if they knew where it was and was told that they THINK ! it is sitting at the plant waiting to be loaded on the train. They said they would have GM track it down and they would get back with me. I have heard nothing except that GM has not contacted them.
Is something eles going on here? Has something happened to the truck and now they need time to fix the problem? Or is this normal with the delivery of a new truck?
One interesting comment that my dealer made was GM thinks the truck is here because they are charging us flooring cost.

As Always Thanks For The Help !!!!!Edited by: Every Day Diesel

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you have the VIN call GM. I did when I received my VIN#, they were able to tell me where it was, if it left by rail or truck and when my dealer should see it. Mine was sent by truck and was 2 days off of what GM said, the weather caused the delay. This is from the GM site;

When calling, please have the following information available:
<UL>
<LI>Your name, address, and home and daytime telephone numbers
<LI>Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), which can be found on your registration
<LI>Dealership name and location
<LI>Vehicle delivery date and current mileage
<LI>Nature of your concern </LI>[/list]

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=580><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width=580 colSpan=2>

</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top width=15>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top width=565>
Customer Assistance Center

Inside the U.S.:
1-800-222-1020 </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Did u order a Chevy or GMC?

The ## above is Chevy and if it is GMC go to www.gmc.com and select 'contact us' by phone.

U can even give them the 6 digit order code and track it too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

Update!!!!!

Called GM and they told me that my dealer needs to tell me, They refused to give me any information.

Sure sounds like something has happened to the truck and they are trying to cover it up.

Will call dealer today and get a anwser or we may be ordering another truck from someone eles.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got off the phone with my dealer and he says that GM will never release that information to the customer.

Will see what I hear later today......

·
Registered
576 Posts
When I ordered mine the salesman said he 'lost' a truck once. After it arrived it had been yanked (at random) from the train for smog testing. It had 60 miles on it when it got to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Im waiting for one to come in also. It was suspposed to already be here but the dealer said it was held up at the factory for some quality controll reasons? Sure makes me wonder.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Saw on another topic that a bunch of new trucks are on hold for an injector issue (quality control).

Could be your problem too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too have been getting the run around. I ordered my truck on 03/02 and they said it would be 5-8 weeks. Got the call two weeks ago that it should be here around the 04/17. Went to Mexico for a week, just got back last Friday, went to dealer Saturday morning all excited to get it and he told me he had bad news. My truck is sitting at the rail yard about 25 miles from the dealer, has been for 2 1/2 weeks. Apparently GM is shipping them without inner door handles because of a back order from the supplier for these door handles. So he says that he was going to get it this morning himself but GM won't release because of a "quality control" issue. I read on the previous post about an injector problem, anyone have any more info?

ThanksEdited by: JUSTIFIED HD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts