Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is running really good and perfectly ,but sometimes code 35 shows up, no hicups ,no hesitation.....she's just fine.
What can I do in order to get rid of this code?

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
DTC35 can set with low fuel level in tank, when cornering, dirty fuel filter, etc.

Lubricant additive to fuel may also help, such as 2oz two-cycle motor oil per tank.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

The code started to appear after a complete change of OPS ,Fuel lift pump and fuel filter,(4 months ago) Could be a case of fuel cap ?

What to do next if it´s a case of fuel pressure?

Change the fuel filter again ? I runned like 6.000 miles since the changes....

Thanks....

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Run it for a while with the fuel cap loose, see if the DTC occurs.

Pull the filter for a visual check - should be clear beige, not dirty, stained, etc

·
Registered
534 Posts
If low fuel volume (a dirty filter) would cause it to throw this code, wouldn't another thing to look at be the lift pump? My truck recently gave me a fit when under a heavy load (pulling a trailer onto the interstate) but otherwise runs great without a load. I just discovered my lift pump isn't operating. I'm not yet for sure if it's what caused the missing under a load or not, but it makes sense. I also have the DTC 35

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
That is correct, but he indicated new Lift Pump\OPS 4mos back, so I didn't mention it.

Not that it shouldn't be checked, also.

The LP is proabably causative to your DTC35, jt83

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you ,but if it was a problem with the lift pump ,wouldn´t the truck fail under massive acceleration? I push the pedal to the medal and no hesitation at all ,she´s just perfect .

I will be looking forward to an answer,

Thanks...

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
DTC35 indicates the Fuel Solenoid is closing too fast, indicating bubbles in the fuel, insufficient fuel, etc.

As the FS closes against IP housing pressure, DTC could be indicative of worse problem.

Closing 4 times per rpm - 3600rpm is 60rpm per second for 60 seconds - at least once per cylinder, you would begin to notice a 'miss' condition it if started recurring many times per second.

This could also be start of FSD failure - FSD generates FS Closure Time signal - or start of Inj Pump failure, but let's eliminate the easy things, first.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The lift pump on mine isn't operating...the only time I noticed a definate miss was when towing. Otherwise, even at WOT, the truck runs smooth...Also, my OPS was changed not long ago...so I went ahead and spent the $90 on a lift pump to find it's still not pumping...it only takes seconds to open the bleeder on top of the filter housing to eliminate this problem...

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
DTC's #18, #35 and/or #36 are usually the first signs the Injection Pump is going "south". This won't happen tomorrow but it usually won't fix itself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
new fuel cap

I just replaced the fuel cap today,
just came from a 10 miles trip from Maroone Chevrolet @ Miami,FL and parked it ,turned it off ,changed the fuel cap for the new one ,started the engine ,the SES light came after 30 seconds or so ..(it never happened before ,just while driving it ,never idling while parked.then it disappeared.
Funny thing...maybe it's to soon to say it's solved ,but i drove 20 miles today(FROM MY HOME TO WORK ,WORK TO GAS STATION,GAS STATION TO HOME) after replacing it and the light never came again.

I felt noticeable more power on truck acceleration!!!

LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

What do you think ,does it make any sense?

for 4 months the SES used to show up at least twice a day....

I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mistake

The light came up again today...

I will finally test the lift pump.

TKS

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LP and OPS test

I tested OPS an LP ,they are just fine ...(they should be ok ,only 3 months old)...

I need help!!!

Please!!!! This F%$#@*&¨SES light is pissing me off.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
You need to get a scan done now, see what C.T. numbers are, and check the other parameters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fuel lift pump:OK
OPS:OK
Fuel Fiter:Ok
Cold start :OK
Hot start:OK
No hesitation,no hiccups,no stall
IT'S just perfect....

I forgot to mention one thing : The PMD is using #9 resistor.

Could be it tripping code 35 and 36?

TKS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts