Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today took delivery of the beast, regular cab 4wd with the ZF 6spd, wow, this thing is prettyy interesting to drive...still getting used to the shift pattern, but nothing weird. Lots more low end torque than what i guessed it would feel like. Keeping the revs under about 3k until about 500 miles or so. Thing had 20 miles when arrived at the dealer :) I also have the base interior, with the heavy fabric seats..which to me are surprisngly comfortable, never was a fan of leather. Buiuld date was june of 03, I understand there was an upgrade involving the fuel system mid 03, anyone know an easy way to tell, I know it has something to do with how the fuel filter is arranged or the AC lines getting in the way *shrugs* Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Congratulations. There is nothing better then getting a new truck

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Congrats !!!!!

Just take a look see if the Fuel Filter is easily removed from the top ....

Color ??

Mac

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Victory red, leave it to GM to have a fuel filter the same size as the oil filter...LOL, there is an AC line going right over the biggest hole, so it looks like it would take some nauevering to wriggle it out, or perhaps from the bottom, maybe what ya'll consider easy I consider a pain? So I have no idea.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Changing the fuel filter is not so hard on an 03 if you remove the adjacent battery and stand on a platform to get a good grip on it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ahhhhhhh.... the smell of a new truck........ Congrats

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
fuel filter comes right out, no problem, no removal of anything, Just a slight tweak on the a/c lines about 1/2" and if need be, loosed the clamp on the intercooler line at the turbo, this will allow it to move slightly also. Piece of cake, leave the battery in, the fender liner in. You guys need to be on flat rate, you will find a way!

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems like my stick would come awful close to that...but it's a good idea if it will fit properly...thanks for the link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts