Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New on here so any help would be appreciated. Lately my truck hesitates and bogs after water temp reaches 190 and only after that, especially on a hill or under load. Truck runs like a raped ape otherwise. It has an intake, straight 4" exhaust and an edge programmer with a FASS150 lift pump. Also put new injectors 10,000 mi. ago. Ive taken the edge off still does it. Changed all fuel filters, cleaned air filter and even replaced the temp sensor. Once I let off for a while and temp comes back down it runs great again. Ive noticed some fuel around the stock fuel filter/primer pump housing but I figured it was from the lift pump pressurizing it. I haven't cleaned the MAF sensor because it seems like some kinda temp thing.. Ive asked several reputable techs and nothing. I'm not new to wrenching but electronics throw me for a loop...Anyone?:banghead:

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please take a moment to fill out your signature with the vehicle information ( Year make and model with any known modifications done ).
This information will help other members, help you faster. :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone have any clue what is up with my 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax and why this is happening? I'm completely stumped and it's driving me crazy!!!!!

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Apparently no one one here has a clue..

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
MAF sensor probably also has an air-temp sensor in it, so cleaning it or possibly swapping another one for it might help.

You might also be able to figure out what's up with recording live engine data when the problem happens.

And I would suggest fixing the fuel leak, as it might also permit some air into the fuel system under the right conditions.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Well, to start are you in drive expecting the trans to think for you pulling a long hill or are you manual shifting.
Even when empty, driving solo pulling a long grade there are times you'll / I'll even need to drop a gear.
What rpm's is your engine at when all this happens, if its below around 2000-2200 empty, drop a gear.

BTW 190 is the normal engine operating temperature.
Does your Edge have a monitor?
If so are you going by that temp or your dash gauge?

Also you might check the bleeder screw on top of the fuel filter housing, it could be cracked or even just loose, it's plastic.
I replaced mine with a brass bleeder screw.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
You said you have a lift pump on it. Before you do anything else check it for a kinked fuel line. Is the lift pump really loud by any chance?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts