Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause my truck to fall on its face at 2000 rpm? It won't shift until I back off the throttle and fall below 2000 rpm's. I'm not able to drive past 70 mph or so, since that is around the 2000 rpm mark. I called the dealer and they say it's probably a bad fuel filter and the fuel that I have been using for the last 10 months. I know of a guy with a lbz with similar problems and his dealer can find nothing wrong. My dealer also said it's probably because of the cold weather but today it is 30 degrees and yesterday it was 12 degrees with no problem. I have no mods on it to mention of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just had this problem. It was a fuel rail pressure sensor that went bad. I limped in to the GMC dealer and they fixed it under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I just can't see the filter being bad already or something wrong with the fuel I have been using. I've only used this fuel for 10 months in this truck but used it for 8 years in my power stroke.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fuel filter fixed this for me, same symptoms. I had 10K on mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I just took my truck for a drive to the bank and it acted fine. I never did go to WOT, like what started this on the way home from work this morning, but I did get up to 85 mph and at least 2500 rpm no problem. Would the sensor act this way? I would think that if the filter was plugged it would keep falling on it's face?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I would try a full filter first if its throwing a p1093 code it can rest after shuting it off and wont set again untill it sees low rail pressure again! DO a search on p1093 codes it should be able to explain it better!

Good luck
Caleb

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
to limit rpm's to 2000 your truck is probably throwing a 1093 code. it will happen if the fuel pressure gets too low and the engine goes into "limp mode". (Different than a tranny limp.) Turning off the truck for 20 seconds resets this condition and it will only come back if the fuel pressure drops below a certain level. Most commonly caused by a dirty fuel filter.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine seems to bog down when it shift when i get on it, any suggestion only happens for a split second on everyshift.
Thanks
Jcast

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Polak, how many miles on your fuel filter? I'd change it and then cut it open to take a look at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Around 6000 on the fuel filter. I'll be changing it as soon as I get a new one. My last one I changed after 10,000 and it still looked pretty good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine acted up 1 time and has not done it since I changed the fuel fill-in station.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sometimes all it takes is one bad tank of fuel. It does sound like you're setting 1093's that are limiting you to 2000 rpm and then resetting. Probably still stored in the memory, though. Do you have a code reader? I would definately get one. Very useful and I've seen them at Walmart for about $70.00 including CEL reset. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the suggestions. As soon as my order from Eric arrives I'll be changing the filter. I had just filled up this morning and went about 6 miles when I went to pass some one when this happened. I think I'll be ok as long as I don't go to WOT. I just got back from picking my girls up and everything seemed ok. Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts