Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone heard of this or know how to fix. I have a 03 LB7 driving home from work tonight truck started slowing down, no throttle response. Only idle. I coasted off of the bridge and tried to rev in N. No luck, I switched edge over to read throttle and it showed 0%. I unhooked the edge and no change. Unhooked the batteries and rehooked up no change. We trailered it home and when we backed it off of the trailer into the heated shop the throttle worked. Left it idle in the shop while we got dads truck unstuck and unhooked from the trailer. When I went back in the truck would only idle. I have checked the connections on the drivers side valve cover for moisture, and removed and inspected the plugs on the ECM on the pass. valve cover. No check engine light on either.
I don't have a set of manuals for this truck yet. I am a diesel technician by trade but, without some more resources I am at a loss. After thinking about this condition, It did this last summer kinda. I had washed the radiator and engine compartment with a garden hose. Drove it about 5 mile and left it sit for several hours. When I went to leave the truck would barely run above idle. I drove it home that way but the last mile and a half was at idle with the gooseneck behind me. After is sat overnight it never acted up again till now.
Should I be looking at the throttle position input in the cab? A connection somewhere? ECM? Other
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Just a guess, but check and clean all the ground connections to the body. Road salt can make them go goofy. I use undercoat over all grounds. Still have issues with the ABS ground at times. Under side of the truck under where the drivers left foot would be.

jb

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would check the pedal inside, ive seen a few come into work with this problem before

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great white;1594552; said:
I would check the pedal inside, ive seen a few come into work with this problem before
Do you know the procedure to check it or just replace it?
Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts