Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I was headed to Houston to pick up horses....lucky me empty trailer.... Some one was nice enough to slow down after they passed me and flagged me over....

Diesel everywhere...under the truck, back of the truck, all over the horse trailer...etc etc..

Take it to dealer and yep inj failed and filled crank with 5 gal diesel in about 20 miles....takes them a week to get parts and install the parts. I get it back and it doesn't run quit right...you know a man and his truck.....I put about 150 miles on it and on the way to the vet with and extreme horse emergency....diesel spewing all over the ground.....what next???? the line for #6 inj was cracked and in need of replacement...

Truck is back and it runs much better than it ever has....amazing what the right fuel pressure and inj will do for a truck

Truck is all stock except tires 285/75/16 installed by dealer when purchased and 85k on clock....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Glad your back on the road ! What year model truck and what are your maint. habits ? (e.g. fuel filters, fuel additives, etc...)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
02 3/4 ton ext cab short box

I change the oil every 3k

the fuel filter every 6k

No additives

The truck is my every day driver and we use it to haul horses when needed. The wife loves the truck...she loves diesels....

I am your average joe when driving...occasionally its fun to catch a ricer by surprise off the line...Edited by: Horse Hauler

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I doubt that the line was cracked, sounds more like they didnt clean enough and got some crap in the sealing area. it wont seal that way.. Pretty tough to crack those lines if assembled properly....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree but there is a brand new line on it now. You could see the fuel leaking from the line just above the nut that screws into the Inj. No fuel made its way into the crank. My assumption is that the line was damaged on install of the new inj. The tech installing inj would not have known of failure because it took about 150 miles before it became an issue.

I did not take it back to the same dealer for the line as the inj....too far to take it back there. I went to local dealer for leaking line.Edited by: Horse Hauler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts