Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all may recall last October my truck died and this time did the EXACT same thing.

Story:

I was travelling and traveled 2 hours and stopped the truck. All was well. I travelled 3 more hours to the mountains and stopped at my buddies house. I went out to start it up and I drove off. Went 1 block and it died. This time I was able to prime and it started and I drove off. Before I was unable to prime. What gives?

I replaced ALL filters @ 500 miles ago. Weather was 30's and I add Stanadyne. I had 3/4 tank of fuel. I find this so strange since I took it in and the service people did not have a clue as to what the problem was then. Now the EXACT same scenario occurs. WIERD!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Air leak or Bad Fuel with water in it is all I can think, surely someone else will chime in with an idea......

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Disconnect the EDGE form the bale connectors and try it again.

Check any fuse taps and added circuits on the ignition power.

I would start there.

Good Luck

·
Registered
514 Posts
Call Edge and get the latest version for LB7.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've had similar problems three times. I have no mods except the Nictane. Pull trailer to hunting camp. Start elevation is about 5oo feet. Ending elevation is about 5000 feet. Get to camp, move trailer into position, shut down for much needed beer and bullsh!t session with buddy. Go back to DMax and start up to get it out of the way and it dies after about 30 seconds. Pump up primer, good to go. That's the only prob I have ever had and since I know it may do it occassionally, it really isn't a big deal. Don't know what the cause is.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've had similar problems three times. I have no mods except the Nictane. Pull trailer to hunting camp. Start elevation is about 5oo feet. Ending elevation is about 5000 feet. Get to camp, move trailer into position, shut down for much needed beer and bullsh!t session with buddy. Go back to DMax and start up to get it out of the way and it dies after about 30 seconds. Pump up primer, good to go. That's the only prob I have ever had and since I know it may do it occassionally, it really isn't a big deal. Don't know what the cause is.

My start elevation is 2500' and end 6500'. Very frustrating! What a PITA!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Check your ECM plugs the big plugs on the Driver side of the engine. It may be a loose connection I had this once and it did the same thing when pulling 5ver to camp and I would go to restart and it wouldn't start. Took it to the dealer and they diagnosed a communication error. They put wire ties around the plugs to tighten them up.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will put on some ties. thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Just a longshot ~ but the change of elevation could have an accompanying change of attitude? Possibly dislodge an air bubble in the fuel system?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
was it a windy day? and how long did it sit( or you were in your buddies house)? the reason all this questions is because something like this happend to me too.mine happend over night and it was very windy. i was told that the air tube in the tank was facing towards the wind and cause back pressure that could have cause a air bubble in the line...i did not believe the dealer,but it has not done it ever since,...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VERY strong head wind! It sat for 30 minutes. Last time it was a strong head wind too and sat for 1 1/2 hours.

Ben

·
Registered
28 Posts
For my three occurrances there was no wind and only about 10-30 minutes between stopping and re-starting. Thought it may have been an air bubble that showed up due to the elevation???

·
Registered
37 Posts
truck stalls

I had a similiar problem with my 03. I believd it to be my EDGE. I called EDGE and they were extremely helpful and sent me a new unit(at no charge). I have had no problems since the new unit has been installed. Good luck! DPC

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I had a similar problem when driving to much higher elevations too. I would loose prime when the truck sat for a couple of hours. Installed lift pump over the summer and if we ever get some snow I'll find out if that fixed it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts